new pc for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might run a little warmer, but if you have a good cooler (which is needed on a q6600 anyways) it can help maintain bad temps..

Multitasking is better with Quads

it gets like 85 degrees in my computer room sometimes....its very humid in there.

RAM doesn't matter... just the GPU...

Get the Asus HD 4850

I love asus..... what about the motherboard, are the biostars better than asus?

Well its warm in here too, but my CPU hits only 40 Degrees on load.. and mines a 90nm Dual Core...

Well it depends on the board.. you can't compare them just based on the brands, you have to consider what they were designed too

Well its warm in here too, but my CPU hits only 40 Degrees on load.. and mines a 90nm Dual Core...

Well it depends on the board.. you can't compare them just based on the brands, you have to consider what they were designed too

I've never used anything but an asus mb, but i will try the biostar:D

You could get the Asus P5Q Pro and the Asus HD 4850 together.. it'll save you $30

Overclocking is required by law :)

I actually overclocked my last cpu while lowering voltage so the temps actually went down a tiny bit. Then I put a better cooler on and it ran cooler than stock. You only have to worry about temps when you start putting a lot of voltage in which isn't needed if you don't try for super high clocks.

My room gets very hot and I've always overclocked. 3ghz should be easy with a q6600 even with high ambient temps.

Vern's build suggestion is about as good as it gets without dropping tons of cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom