Ram latency readings

Status
Not open for further replies.

BxSlipSk8718

In Runtime
Yeah so i ordered this ram shoudl be here buy today GIEL ultra series DDR sdram pc3200 the latency is 2.5 7-4-4 i knwo the lower the latency the better but is that latency reading any good?

The column access time is a little high, however, overall those timings are pretty fast. Nothing special though ;)

yeah, the ras-to-cas tRCD is kinda high, but the CAS latency is good, and so is the Active to Precharge tRAS at 4 clocks

My GEiL RAM read 2.5 6-3-3 when I got it and from what I have read, I don't think that second number goes higher then 3...... So I had always assumed that GEiL switched around there timings:confused: I sound crazy, but that was my theory:p

The Merlin said:
My GEiL RAM read 2.5 6-3-3 when I got it and from what I have read, I don't think that second number goes higher then 3...... So I had always assumed that GEiL switched around there timings:confused: I sound crazy, but that was my theory:p

hmm thats odd . . .

you have an intel, and i've read a few things about intel mobos get 2-x-x-x and amd mobos get 2.5-x-x-x . . .

but that may be only corsair or some other company

agex000 said:
TheMerlin, none of the timings are restricted.

Maximum PC's March 2004 Issue states:

Memory Parameter--------------Range of typical values(in clock cycles)
----------------------- ------------------------------------------------
RAS to CAS Delay ----------------- 2 or 3
CAS latency --------------------- 2, 2.5, 3(DDR) or 2, 3(SDRAM)
RAS Precharge ------------------- 2, 3
Command Rate -------------------- 1, 2
Active to Precharge Delay --------- 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Timings are normally listed in the order or:

2(CAS latency)-3(RAS to CAS Delay)-3(RAS Precharge)-7(Active to Precharge)-1T(Command Rate)

And these are the facts I base my previous claims on ;) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom