i figured out whats wrong with my ram now how do i fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poizen22

Camera junky
ok so i figured out my ram is missing one of those small square things that look like contact points, i lost the square thingy, now could i just solder the two contact points together or do i need one of those small square things, if so, i can take one off my old ddr 400 ram.

6h5kzo.jpg
that higlighted in red is what is missing, now how could i fix it, its on the end of the ram, so i could easaly solder there. its just i do not want t owait to get a new kit, even if i fix it im ordering a new one.

Hello,

That is a resistor. You can NOT just solder those points together. You will need to get a surface moutn resistor that matches EXACTLY to that one you need. If not you could permanently destroy the RAM.

Good Luck,
Mak

Hello,

That is a resistor. You can NOT just solder those points together. You will need to get a surface moutn resistor that matches EXACTLY to that one you need. If not you could permanently destroy the RAM.

Good Luck,
Mak

so i couldnt just take ome from my old ram, looks like im goign to fidn it under the stove then. i could just solder it back o tho right?

Hello,

If and ONLY if they match up exactly color wise. Resistors are done by color coding and surface moutning resistors are done differently than regualr resistors. So unless you know exactly what surface mount resisotr goes there and you can get that exact one will it work.

Other than that you will do more damage then good. Not to mention you need to know how to solder surface mounted resistors back on....

Cheers,
Mak

All you tell them for the RMA, is that it just stopped working, let them figure it out, if you tell them its physically damaged they may not let you RMA in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom