Rendering pc questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaybe1

Baseband Member
Hi all, My brother is in need of a new pc. He designs kitchens and showrooms and needs a pc to be quick for rendering the drawings. He uses a laptop at the minute but as the software gets updated its becoming slower and now needs a minimum of 2gigs of ram. The graphics card is also too small so has anyone any suggestions on what hardware he should use. I gave him my pc to try and he said its an awful lot quicker. My pc is geared towards gaming and the specs are as below

NZXT Tempest Case
Xigmatek Rifle Cpu Cooler
Q6600 Processor
x48 Mobo
9800gtx or 4850 Video card
Corsair 650w or more PSU
4gb g.skill RAM
Pioneer Optical Drive
500-640GB HDD
Arctic Silver 5

Pretty much sums it up.

If you need anymore help, let me know.

Since he's rendering he has no need for a high-end GPU, unless he gets a GTX 260 or 280 since those can render or he could use a normal low-end GPU and then render on the Quad

Otherwise Tenenbaum's build is fine

You could probably take the heatsink and the paste out of Tenenbaum's build since hes not overclocking (assuming) and doesn't really need a top end cooler.

Always nice to have atleast decent cooling when doing rendering though. It will stress all of the cores and the cpu will get pretty hot on a stock cooler.

is it an advantage if you use a quad processor and GTX together? or does that defeat the purpose? im in the same predicament as to what hardware to get for video editing. I kno im going to get a quad proc...im just debating on what GPU to get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom