Best gaming laptops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLUE

Baseband Member
Hi, moving to vancouver and I've been looking on craigslist vancouver for a good used gaming laptop. What would be some really good ones to be on the lookout for? I've been looking at reviews on random websites, some more personal advice would be much appreciated and a good reference when I'm looking. If you could give me a price estimate for it too, that would be nice, so I know if it's a good deal or not. From the info I've got so far, a duo core processor, 512MB video card and 2 gigs of ram is a good start? I like playing online games like Battlefield 2, some strategy games and want something that won't chop out at all and have good graphics. I have 2 $60+ games that my current machine can't even run, so I think a new unit is a good idea. Oh, and something with a little room for upgrades is always nice. Thanks in advance!

How does this one sound for example... not sure about the video card but I think everything else looks good, what do you guys think?

Dell Precision M4300 15" laptop. Dells top of the line 15" laptop, who wants to lug around a 17" anyway.

Dell Precision M4300 $1000

Great laptop, perfect for artists as it will run Photoshop, After Effects, Maya etc. with its NVidia Quadro FX 360M video card.

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T7100 (1.8 GHz) 3M L2 Cache, 800MHz Dual Core Genuine Windows XP Pro
15.4 IN WIDE WUXGA+ LCD Panel
2.0GB, DDR2-667 SDRAM,
80 GB Hard Drive, 7200RPM
8X CD/DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW)
6 Cell Primary Battery
Internal English Keyboard

Dell Wireless 1505 Draft 802.11n WLAN Mini-card
Standard Touchpad

GRAPHICS CARD NVIDIA® Quadro FX 360M
AC ADAPTER 90W A/C Adapter, Energy Star Compliant edit
Standard Touchpad

Comes with VXnano wireless mouse
laptop bag.

Quadro Cards aren't good for gaming, if you want a good gaming card check out Laptops with either Core 2 Duo's or Pentium Dual-Core CPU's with usually an 8600M GT or higher GPU or an HD 2600M or higher

laptops and gaming.....hah :)

try playing AoC on ANY laptop...for the price you could buy 7 desktops that ALL play it better :)

Thanks, I didn't think that card sounded too good, but I wasn't sure. The reason I want a laptop is because my friends place im moving into doesnt have much room as it is, and I can't just move in a big desk and computer. You can also easily bring a laptop to a friends place and play side by side, which is prety cool. Keep the advice coming though, I need to know what I'm looking for so I don't spend a bunch on crap I don't need.

Found another one! I'll just post the decent ones I find and will consider buying, and you guys can tell me what's good or bad about them, and if its worth it, so I can make a decision.

The Dell 9400/E1705

>Core 2 Duo T7200 2.0 ghz 4mb L2 Cache

>2 Gig pc5300 667 mhz DDR2

>100 gb 5400 rpm Sata HDD

>NVidia GeForce Go 7900GS 256 mb dedicated graphics (great option for Gaming)
This card is only available in this line of
laptops, and it thoroughly outperforms the
Nvidia 8400M GS that comes as an option in
the newer Dell 1720/1721 laptops today.

>Wifi, Bluetooth, Etc.

>DVI out
This digital output makes full use of the high-end
video card for TV/DVD playback that looks incredible
on LCD/HDTV.

Condition: Good

> Scuffing on palmrest (typical of this line of laptop)

> Tiny pixel spot appears in taskbar, invisible during gameplay.

> Both appear on photos. pixel spot to left of pointer on 2nd photo.

Price is $1100 firm.
This is a serious gaming system that smokes most 17"
laptops for gaming, watching videos, and graphics intensive
applications.

Hello Clue,

Please Edit your post instead of double posting. You can edit your posts for up to 24 hours. Thank you.

Cheers,
Mak

I'm sorry I'm a mizer... thats WAY more money than I would ever spend on a computer.... like I said I could probably build 3 desktops(ok well 2 for sure :p )for that price that would BLOW it away...(or at least be better :) )

Umm no, you cant build three desktops that would blow it away for the same price.

Average price for a good laptop is about $900, this is a gaming laptop for only $400 more and the 8800m gts 512 is similar to a desktop 8800gt 512.

And $1300 isnt a lot for a computer, especially a lappy. Apparently youve never seen $2000 laptops before.

This machine offers portability along with gaming, and not everyone can lug around a tower and monitor with them so this is a good solution.

Heres the laptop in action:

8800m GTS Benchmarks - Notebook Forums and Laptop Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom