New Build..please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

In Runtime
I am getting ready to upgrade my current system in the next month and I was hoping to get some knowledge from you guys. My budget us $500 US. I already have a hard drive and case so I won't be needing those. I am a gamer and I might be using this system as a media center also.

MOBO/Processor: I have been an AMD guy all my life but I am currently looking at an intel 8400 is this a good or bad idea? Would this bundle work ?

Video Card: 8800 (?)

Sound card: Do I honestly need this ?

RAM: 2 or 4 gig ? Ram is cheap these days..but how much will my computer actually utilize? I plan to run Windows XP.

DVD/ CD Drive: I have one already, but its like 3 years old so i believe it is time to upgrade.

ok. soo...thats what i am thinking.. please correct me in my wrong doings

I wouldnt go for that bundle because its an intel board which i dont think is very good, and its microatx too.

I think the deal to get for video card is ati 4850 ~$200.

The way i see it is if you dont think you need a sound card, you dont. Mostly for audio freaks i think, theres some decent audio on mobo's.

Get 2gig of ram for windows xp. 4gig if you would get 64bit vista.

dvd drive, w/e. i have an asus dvdburner with lightscribe, works fine. Used lightscribe once, its cool but not anything to spend extra money on, discs w/ ligthscribe are more expensive too.

G35 is meh... If you ordered those two of Newegg you could get it for around the same price...

Go with Puddle Jumper's Build, add a good RCX-Z775 on it and overclock the living heck out of it

Newegg.com - ASUS EAH4850/HTDI/512M Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Save 5$ :)

The combo deal with the Asus P5Q Pro is noteworthy since you can get it for $119, which is pretty good as its a pretty solid board

I am loving all the feed back. However, and this was my bad, I have to buy all my parts from tigerdirect because i have $500 giftcard there. soo..if you link a part it would be cool if u linked it to tigerdirect, but i can always search for em my self.

Soo the radeon 4850 is better than the 8800 ... cool. will this card allow me to link to my TV or will i need a tuner for that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom