Is my Q6600 simply bad? (quick reply needed.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am using a decent aftermarket cooler and my temps (using internet and running background programs like what you are doing) are 37/37/31/35
my v-core is 1.3V i beleive and my VID is 1.30. i am also overclocked 400 x 8 (3.2ghz).
if you are getting those temps at stock speeds and voltage, you should try reseating your heastsink and make sure you are getting proper contact.
if they are not lowered then, i would go ahead and exchange the cpu.
thats a little hot for stock voltage, even with the stock cooler i would think.
about the firefox, i dont know...i dont use it. lots of things could be causing errors.
if you use prime95 and IT shows errors, then you have a cpu problem of some sort.
hows that for solid. :)

So whats your final answer? exchange or what?

as far as I know, I looks like my cpu runs a little hotter than normal, so I am heading toward exchange. but nobody has given me a solid answer.

As for using prime95, I am a bit scared to use it again honestly. Temps that high freak me out.

as far as I know, I looks like my cpu runs a little hotter than normal, so I am heading toward exchange. but nobody has given me a solid answer.

As for using prime95, I am a bit scared to use it again honestly. Temps that high freak me out.

You should check to make sure that your hsf is mounted correctly since it could be responsible for your high temps.

Even If you do exchange it I recommend getting an aftermarket cooler.

if you are getting those temps at stock speeds and voltage, you should try reseating your heastsink and make sure you are getting proper contact.
if they are not lowered then, i would go ahead and exchange the cpu.

thats my answer.

and as far as not using p95, you will never be able to tell if your computer is stable if you are scared to run it. so, if you are scared to run it....well....:eek:

what is your idle temps? what thermal paste are you using?

Before you exchange it re seat the heatsink, do a good job on it to make sure that is not the preoblem. My max temps are about 50c on stock clocks and cooling (with tx2, but i supposedly have a good vid).

highest idle temp is 37

I am not using thermal paste, or if I am its stock themal paste. (the one already there)

Well i think that intel uses mx-2 pre applied to there heatsinks. But I'm not positive. Can someone verify that they use mx-2,,if they don't and it's just some crap paste then getting some tx-2 could lower the temps a bit. But most likely not far enough to get it back into a reasonable margin. I say exchange the thing, grab a rifle and tx-2 thermal paste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom