computer build PSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its highly overkill, check the Corsair 650tx instead its enough power

Heres some suggestions:

Newegg.com - Rosewill RCX-Z775-LX 92mm Ball CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

Get the cheapest 9800gtx on Newegg or get the Asus HD 4850, which is about the same power and cheaper, get the OEM version of the q6600, also you put

the RAM two times... but get a Tpower P45 Board with an Asus HD 4850 and if you want to Crossfire later on.. you can do that

EDIT: also you didn't mention any Thermal Paste, get TX-2

i don't want 650w so i'll get the 750w corsair to be safe.

I'm not sure if i want to change to ATI, i was an AMD guy and was going to go with the Phenom but after a lot of reading went against it.
So i will be going with the 9800gtx still, i don't really like to purchase cheap cards like EVGA.
As for the motherboard
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TForce TP45HP LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
I already have the heat sink, HD, DVD/CD drive, Netgear, and couple fans, and Arctic Silver5.

Thank you

Wattage doesn't matter... I don't know where that myth came from.. but its amps that count more.. unless you plan on SLI'ing those 9800gtx's you have no need of the Corsair 750tx

Since you're set on the 9800gtx:

Newegg.com - PNY XLR8 VCG98GTXXPB GeForce 9800 GTX(G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

get that... Factory Overclocked cards are used to trick noobs who've never heard of ATiTool, with that you can easily overclock that 9800gtx to the BFG's speeds, unless you really want to get that Step Up program

ok, they have one for the same price after rebate but it includes a game. I'm going to get that one.

On the psu side of things, when i need to sell it the option will be there for buyers to upgrade with SLI or Crossfire.

I have another question too, can i do sli on the board i posted or will the chipset to let me?

Um Which board?

The Biostar Tpower Board I recommended? that supports Crossfire?

or the one you mentioned in your OP? (I didn't see that... you listed two RAM's I think)

i don't really like to purchase cheap cards like EVGA.

EVGA make cheap cards????? wtf?? EVGA is one the of the most reputable graphics cards brands out there if not honestly THE most.

That build honestly could be handled by a good 500w PSU and honestly the Corsair 650w or Xigmatek 650w are already overkill. The 650w can handle a Quad core and 9800GTX's in SLI actually but if you want to get the 750w i guess go ahead.

for SLI your going to want a 750i chipset or better, for crossfire an X38 or X48 chipset.

The P35/45 boards can do crossfire but they are only 8x/8x boards when in crossfire.

this is better ram for less even

Newegg.com - Patriot Viper 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Corsair doesn't make very good ram for the money

a much better cooler for not much more.

Newegg.com - XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

THis 9800GTX comes pre-overclocked for less with a free copy of the Lost game.

Newegg.com - ZOTAC ZT-98XES2P-FCP GeForce 9800 GTX 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Zotac is a newer brand but they have been making some really good cards.

already own the heatsink for the cpu, i chose it based on the great reviews. I'm never going to do sli because FSX does not support dual cards so it really doesn't affect me just when i go to sell the system in a year or two. As for the psu, having more cannot hurt as a computer only uses as it needs, so i'll just stick with the 750w, it is only $10 more. Also the ram is cheaper i have a $20 rebate on it. I can always overclock it to meet those speeds no? The PNY is also cheaper after a $30 rebate. I can always overclock to meet those speeds but it is an attractive price.

well i think i might go with this board now:
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TForce TP43D2A7 LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
and then getting this audio card:
Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster SB0570 Audigy SE 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Sound Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom