In the middle of building my comp... two questions i need asnwered immediatly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice9

In Runtime
Alright the instruction manual for the harddrive I got (seagate 7200rpm 8mb 80gb) says that you have to use the seagate disc utility CD to boot the comp without out the hardrive then you just put the seagate disc utility cd into the cd rom drive and then turn off the comp.. and then install so the comp will boot up from the disc. So do I need to do this if I am building the comp from scratch? And if I do should I just instal the HD last? The problem with that though is the radeon 9800 pro wants me to connect to the Hard drives power connecter. So I need some advice... if I can't install the HD until I put the cd into the cdrom drive and then I have to sintall the HD how can I do this if the graphics card has to be plugged into the hard drives power connecter. I am in the middle of building so I would like an answer fast. Thanks

just hook it all up and boot it with the cd in, that may work. i don't think you have to have a vid card in, just use the onboard mobo grapics...if you have them. i don't know though...search google and wait for some more advise...i may be wrong.

OK, as you can see, I have the same card as you and I also have the same HD. I built my rig from sratch, and you do not need to do the CD utility thingy. Just connect your HD and vid card and go through the normal process...ie, first boot, you format the new HD and put on the OS, then the chipset drivers and the then vid card and so on....what is in the rest of your rig? Let me know if you need anything else.

lev2323 said:
OK, as you can see, I have the same card as you and I also have the same HD. I built my rig from sratch, and you do not need to do the CD utility thingy. Just connect your HD and vid card and go through the normal process...ie, first boot, you format the new HD and put on the OS, then the chipset drivers and the then vid card and so on....what is in the rest of your rig? Let me know if you need anything else.

ok thaank you... now i have another question.... it told me to first diasable the onboard graphics but doesnt tell me how... do I have to do this and if so... how?

yes you do if you want to use your 9800 pro which you will want to do since its way better than onboard graphics. go into your bios and in your integrated devices area disable your onboard graphics. to get into bios you will have to press either delete or insert or f8 or something like that while you computer is first booting up.

hmmm,........well, I have never messed with a mobo that had onboard gfx. Sometimes if you go ahead and install the vid card it should disable the onboard gfx. But if that doesnt work, I would think that you would do so in the BIOS. That is reached by hitting F1 or DEL or something during the boot process, it should say so. Look in your mobos manual in the BIOS section, it should tell you how. What mobo do you have?

Ok i am insterting the mobo right now and i have it all in there but there isn't any screws in the mobo box... you use screws right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom