Is my Q6600 simply bad? (quick reply needed.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric0h

Over and Above Person
So I saw a thread here, about a guy using prime95 or something to stress his computer to see his max temps.

so I did it, and one my cores, I believe the first core, got to 75 degress! and most of the others near 70, they were like 65 or so.

I know stock fan is bad, but these temps are just crazy, I am using Everest Ultimate edition, (I purchased it) to see these temps, so am preety sure they were accurate.

now, I am just browsing internet, typing here, and the lowest core is at 36 which I still think is high, for doing nothing, and the highest at 38.

I still have the exchange or full refund receipt, so my question is, Should I just ask for an exchange? or is this normal?
(I got only like 6 days to make a decision, cause they only give me 15 days, So thats why I am asking for a quick reply.)

Thats normal. Its usually because the cooler isnt making equal contact on all 4 cores. Also while using the internet speedstep and eist are both kicked in which lowers the clocks and voltage compared to 100% usage in prime95.

So you don't think an exchange will make a difference?

I dunno man, at 75 I got a big scared.

And the exchange, well it dosent cost me anything, But thats why I need input, thats why I am here asking.

No clue if its degress or celcius, Its whatever everest ultimate mentions them in.

I am kinda sure, that they would shut down once they go 80 or higher i think.

Note: I have not overclocked, and I am using stock fan.

This is what I got from the website. Although mine is G0 steeping, it should still be cooler than b3, this chip was like an open box, so I assume this was already bad, cause it got too hot, maybe thats why someone returned it.

-Tcase/Tjunction-
--65--/--70--70--70--70-- Hot
--60--/--65--65--65--65-- Warm
--55--/--60--60--60--60-- Safe
--25--/--30--30--30--30-- Cool

Scale 4: Quad
Q6600: Tcase Max 62c, Stepping B3, TDP 105W, Idle 24W

Its your stock cooler, and unfortunately (I've told you this before...) but you have a high VID, both together can cause high temps even at

Exchange it if you want, and also get a cooler so this doesn't happen again ;)

(search feature next time ;))

VID is the required voltage to run at the stock speed of the CPU, the lower the better, usually as you add voltage on the CPU it runs a little warmer, and if the VID is lower it'll usually require less Voltage to run at a higher clock stably so theoretically the temps are lower

Can you tell me if my brother theory is correct?

I am getting lots of errors in firefox, so he said that the cpu could be the one causing the errors, is that possible? Thanks.

I think I will ask for an exchange. whats the worst that can happen?
Or should I just keep my cpu? nobody has replied with a solid answers so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom