AMD Phenom x4 9950

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only Intel's and that was because of their low Multiplier, they were overpriced for their bad oc'ing ability so here at TF we kept on recommending the q6600 unless you had a really good board that could do 500+ FSB, but they also had low FSB Holes around 450fsb

aren't there problems with 45nm cores? i heard they don't overclock very well
the 45nm K10 CPU's should actually overclock better than the 65nm K10's AMD uses a different manufacturing process to Intel, and the K10 architecture is very different from the Core 2 architecture. I believe the K10 architecture was actually built for the 45nm process. On top of that, AMD are adding things like lower power leakage, and faster transistors (the SiGe transistors they co-developed with IBM)

the 45nm K10 CPU's should actually overclock better than the 65nm K10's AMD uses a different manufacturing process to Intel, and the K10 architecture is very different from the Core 2 architecture. I believe the K10 architecture was actually built for the 45nm process. On top of that, AMD are adding things like lower power leakage, and faster transistors (the SiGe transistors they co-developed with IBM)

yes..........more transistors, the better. AMD processors dont have that many, which transistors would help tremendously!

this is y i want to wait for the 45nm AMD processors to come out, we really, really might see a big comeback in the processor line if AMD pulls it off. I also still hope that the 45nm Phenoms will still be backwards compatible with AM2+, i cannot afford to go DDR3!

off topic:

Apok, i cant seem to send private messages or anything with anyone on tech-forums. You know, click the name n click private message for example, nothing happens, no loading, even i do open in different window or tab. Using Firefox, Windows XP Pro on little bro's laptop.

i need advice on my mobo problem, if u can send me a message i will tell u the rest, since we have the same exact mobos.

That sounds like a worthy comeback if they can pull it off, also a good upgrade for my X2 4600+ when the games start going more and more multi-threaded

Yahoo! Babel Fish - Text Translation and Web Page Translation

Babelfish translated ;)

EDIT: Test System is as follows:

* Motherboard: MSI K9A2 Platinum
* Phenom 9950 X4 CPU
* Card Graphic: Powercolor HD 4850
* Memory: 2x1GB Kingston DDR2 800Mhz
* PSU: HEC 650W
* HDD: Samsung HD501LJ (500GB, 16MB Buffer)
* Functional: Windows Vista Ultimate EN
* VGA Drivers: 8.6

and post #11 on the translated page said it was stock cooler

45nm could be good stuff. Maybe it will go the same as it did with the R600 and will turn out well.

R600 :( ...............RV670 :umm: ..............R770 :)

Phenom B2 :( Phenom B3 :umm: ........45nm AMD :confused:

I think I heard AMD are not going to go for 8 core CPU's. They're going to make a 6 core die, and use that for 6 and 12 core CPU's
That sounds like a worthy comeback if they can pull it off, also a good upgrade for my X2 4600+ when the games start going more and more multi-threaded

Yahoo! Babel Fish - Text Translation and Web Page Translation

Babelfish translated ;)

EDIT: Test System is as follows:

* Motherboard: MSI K9A2 Platinum
* Phenom 9950 X4 CPU
* Card Graphic: Powercolor HD 4850
* Memory: 2x1GB Kingston DDR2 800Mhz
* PSU: HEC 650W
* HDD: Samsung HD501LJ (500GB, 16MB Buffer)
* Functional: Windows Vista Ultimate EN
* VGA Drivers: 8.6

and post #11 on the translated page said it was stock cooler
nice, 3570MHZ on stock cooling!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom