8800GT 512 vs 1GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your new to overclocking i recommend the P5E because it basically does it for you...*sigh* But the DFI boards will give you the better OC's in the end but are much more advanced, and more expensive in most cases.

Ya, i say go with a 4870, but if you already bought that 780i it would be ashame not to use it for what it was designed for :/. If i was in your postion, I would trade/sell off the board for an x38 and grab a single 4870 now, and if not satisfied grab another one for crossfire later. Or you could do the same with the 4850 and save yourself alot of money.

By selling your 780i and getting an x38 + 1 4850/4870, you won't come close to spending 500, but you will be able to play at that resoultion no problem.

Er, what games are you planning on playing btw?

Well if you have the 780i already then you might as well get something like a GTX 260 since they have dropped in price by quite a bit. Then if you are not satisfied you can get another one for SLI.

thanks again...I guess all this time could have been saved if I would have posted up my specs first...thanks for your time

Im not sure about all the games ill play...this is my first computer build...ive been playing CS and Americas army for a while...only because their the only games I can run pretty much....im on a store bought e-machine...ive been wanting to build a computer for a few years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom