Crossfire 4870 is alive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id be interested to see actual crysis FPS numbers, not the benchmark, screenshots from in game with the Devmode display in the upper right..

I'll check crysis out when i get the machine back up. I seem to have broken it. The board wont even POST right now. Not sure what i did, so i just pulled the battery out and walked away for a little while. Luckily i brought my laptop home from work. I tried for 4ghz and 1.4v and got an 88 error on, tried to reset the bios, even used the jumper, now i get no POST :(

from what i've seen crossfire is not working in Crysis with the 48xx series yet. From benches I've seen adding a 2nd card gives like 1fps or sometimes even worse performance.

Well the mobo is officially dead. Left the battery out, and motherboard disconnected from everything overnight, still get no POST. time to put in for an RMA...yay.

Well the mobo is officially dead. Left the battery out, and motherboard disconnected from everything overnight, still get no POST. time to put in for an RMA...yay.

Lets hope they dont check against their known hardware whore list for OC'rs.

The motherboard is meant for overclocking. I did nothing but play with the bios and now it wont post. Thats defective if you ask me. Seeing as i have had my 680i running overclocked for 6 months now with 0 problems. Also, i'm going to call newegg and make them cross ship. Its pretty lame that they expect me to pay for a return on a defective item.

my mobo is somewhat infected by past viruses i let in. The On-Chip SATA controller doesnt work well or at all, think i could exchange my mobo but idk. My dad wont let me! Wants to pay some guy to diagnostic the problem when i could send it in for cheap (shipping, tax).

EDIT:

been using my little bro's slow laptop for 2-3 months now.

The motherboard is meant for overclocking. I did nothing but play with the bios and now it wont post. Thats defective if you ask me. Seeing as i have had my 680i running overclocked for 6 months now with 0 problems. Also, i'm going to call newegg and make them cross ship. Its pretty lame that they expect me to pay for a return on a defective item.

does that mean yoru returning the hd4870 to and getting sli 260's or 280's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom