My first overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobra777

Baseband Member
Hey does everything look like its running properly for my first OC? Keep in mind I haven't changed my stock voltage and I haven't run prime95 yet.

CPUtemps.jpg

that looks fine from here, all u need to do is to run a stress test to ensure that its stable now. if it is, you can crank it up further, or keep it there. if it isnt, you may need to up the voltage or lower the FSB.

Um, Besides your motherboard running @ 81c (which is probably a bad sensor) and the gpu being a little hot (was it just under stress?, and if not what are the temps under stress?) Everything looks good.

Yeah my mohterboard sensor always says like 81 or 82. Under stress it gets up to high 50's and one core got 60. (while under prime95 stress). I ran prime95 6 hours no errors. I'm thinking I can push it a little bit more.

such a high mobo temp isnt good for the life of your system...do u have enough airflow in your case? you may want to consider perhaps getting a 3rd party fan for your chipset cooling... what mobo are you using?

you have your vCore set to auto, so the chip is getting 1.4+ ...that's way more than you should need for 3.2ghz

Try setting the voltage to 1.35v manually in the BIOS then see if its stable. Your temps should be lower at that voltage and you will see you'll have more overclocking headroom.

Oh I thought I had changed it to manual, I guess not. Once I get home I'll check that out. I'm using EVGA 750i FTW.

Oh and is it normal to get like 1 fps in the CPU test of 3Dmark06?

One last question. I read somewhere else that people recommend turning off speedstepping and on other thing (can't remember off the top of my head). Should I do this?

Ok I changed the CPU core from auto to 1.35v. Just a quick question what is the CPU FSB voltage for? Do i need to be changing that too? Its in the red (which i'm assuming is bad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom