HELP, NEW PC BUILD.any advice will be helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.

DropDead17

Beta member
alright, i just signed on to these fourms, as to i searched the internet far and wide to try to find some kind of tower i could use, well here is what i want, i want a pc to mainly listen to music(itunes) casualy search the internet. and more so to play games. such as diablo 3, maby wow in the near future. not so much fps, ill leave that to my ps3. but guys ive bought pc's before and ive been riped off bad, when i brought it home it had some real bad specs, yes its my fault for not knowing anything about pc. i think ive gained knowlage of computers since then, but not much. im still rather pc ignorant, i want to get a list of things a good pc has, down to the line, as in company and names or w/e i need a list beacuse i want to walk into future shop or some kind of pc store and say i want a tower with "insert specs here" and they give me a price, id like to add i dont want a insanely powerful pc, just for the things i added... and to run smoothly. ive looked into upgradeing my old one and its so much hassil, its just so confuseing IMO, i just gave up. i could not understand it. so if you guys could even begin to help me id be very grateful, considering on other fourms they say"what do you want to do with your pc" and well ive told them and no one EVER re comments. anyway thanks guys before hand. on a side note im looking to spend 1500 at the most, im on a buget ive been laid off and going on a 2 week fishing trip next month, so once again thanks.(sorry about the spelling and grammer, this was kind of rushed, but hopefully you can understand my question, if not i will try to make it more clear, ive been looking into buying or making a pc for the last year and its just been so confusing beacuse i dont want to buy a pc and bring it home and hate it...

For $1500 you can make a really good build, but it'd be really overkill for WoW or Diablo III tat kind of money would be more of an Age of Conan rig

but for $800 this will be awesome:

e7200
EP45-DS3L
Corsair 550vx
HD 4850 or even an 8800gt would be fine
RCX-Z775 Cooler
Case of your Choice
4gb DDR2 Kit
Hard Drive size of your preference

and it'll probably max out Diablo III when its out, Blizzard usually keeps its requirements as low as possible

If you want to push your budget to its max if you want to play AoC or somethiing

Q6600
DFI X38
640gb Western Digital Drive
HD 4870 or GTX 260
Xigmatek Rifle

thanks alot, one more question would you suggest me building this pc, with the help of a trained professional or just bringing these specs to a shop like best buy or future shop and say i would like a tower with these specs ? and another thing i was stressing about was if everything was compatable but im sure you wouldent give me a list of things that were not compatible, anyway thanks again, i appriciate the quick response aswell.

thanks alot, one more question would you suggest me building this pc, with the help of a trained professional or just bringing these specs to a shop like best buy or future shop and say i would like a tower with these specs ? and another thing i was stressing about was if everything was compatable but im sure you wouldent give me a list of things that were not compatible, anyway thanks again, i appriciate the quick response aswell.

Well, Vernong usually knows what he's talking about.... :p

I'd build it yourself, it's actually not that difficult. Your motherboard will come with a set of instructions to get the entire machine up and running and with the help you'd get here I have no doubts you could do it on your own.

You'll get a lot more for your money if you build it yourself vs trying to go to future shop or best buy.

Do it yourself, its just a matter of knowing where to put stuff in, not forcing stuff in, and knowing things go in only one way

I don't think that it's best to advise a non-builder to build his own rig. Even some tech experts have trouble building rigs depending on the components like MB, cases and such.
Just go to Newegg.com and read all of the motherboard & case reviews. They're filled with many nightmares of MB & build problems and how things can go bad. And many of these people are experts! :rolleyes:
Sure they make it work in the end, but that's because they have some expertise and experience.
You can find a builder that will build whatever you want. Sometimes you need to supply the parts or pay extra. But at least you will have some sort of guarantee that they will get it working properly or else you will be disappointed after investing big money.
If your build doesn't work, these folks will try to help you but they can't actually fix it for you. Then you'll really be stuck. :eek:
Besides, there's also internet companies that will build great machines and provide extended warranties for up to several years.
Not everyone is a do it yourselfer when it comes to computers, just like not everyone can go out and build their own house from scratch.
It's like having someone ask about what style and features of a 4BR home to buy, and having folks tell him to go buy some land and build it yourself.
Yeah right! :freak:
Go build your own foundation, plumbing, electrical, roof, frame, heating & cooling, brickwork etc... and everything!!!! I'm sure that most people can't do it and be satisfied. Everyone has gifts, but not everyone has the same gifts.
For $1500, you can find a nice tower computer or have one built if that's what you want. Just go to a reputable builder or website and start looking at tower cases to select. These nice folks will help you with good advice too, but please don't build your own! I certainly wouldn't!
When my car breaks down, I take it to a good mechanic! :laughing:

I don't think that its best to advise a non-builder to build his own rig. Even some tech experts have trouble building rigs depending on the components like MB, cases and such.
Just go to Newegg.com and read all of the motherboard & case reviews. They're filled with many nightmares of MB & build problems and how things can go bad. And many of these people are experts! :rolleyes:
Sure they make it work in the end, but that's because they have some expertise and experience.
You can find a builder that will build whatever you want. Sometimes you need to supply the parts or pay extra. But at least you will have some sort of guarantee that they will get it working properly or else you will be disappointed after investing big money.
If your build doesn't work, these folks will try to help you but they can't actually fix it for you. Then you'll really be stuck. :eek:
Besides, there's also internet companies that will build great machines and provide extended warranties for up to several years.
Not everyone is a do it yourselfer when it comes to computers, just like not everyone can go out and build their own house from scratch.
It's like having someone ask about what style and features of a 4BR home to buy, and having folks tell him to go buy some land and build it yourself.
Go build your own foundation, plumbing, electrical, roof, frame, heating & cooling, brickwork etc... and everything!!!! I'm sure that most people can't do it and be satisfied. Everyone has gifts, but not everyone has the same gifts.
For $1500, you can find a nice tower computer or have one built if that's what you want. Just go to a reputable builder or website and start looking at tower cases to select. These nice folks will help you with good advice too, but please don't build your own! I certainly wouldn't!

lol, bud I've built my own home and I've built my own comp....both knowing nothing about them at first. You can't compare the two that's totally apples to oranges.

Compatibility IMO is the biggest issue as a new builder and if you're checking your build here before buying that biggest obstacle is out of the way. Building a comp from scratch was one of the easiest DIY projects I ever took on and its beneficial knowledge to have for down the road. If you're careful and patient you'll save yourself $$$, have a sweet system, and some good head knowledge...win win situation in my opinion.

Building a computer is easier than assembling a model car... much easier. It is more like putting together a pre-school level puzzle, as far as the actual hardware is concerned. The software takes time, but it is not hard, either.

Besides, we're all here to guide and support the process.

I don't think that its best to advise a non-builder to build his own rig. Even some tech experts have trouble building rigs depending on the components like MB, cases and such.

Everyone was a non builder at one point. When I build my system I had never installed any computer parts before and I didn't have any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom