SLI rig -> GTX 260?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboticSithDrone

Baseband Member
At present, I have my two 8800GT's running in SLI. After considering the GTX 280, I'm thinking instead of doing what I did when I built this, and buying a single GTX 260 now (or when the price drops to closer to $300), and a second one later. I'm aware that the HD 4870 has better price/performance, but I don't want to swap out my core system for a crossfire-friendly one less than a year after I bought it. Suggestions?

Definitely not

two 8800gt's can outperform a 9800gx2... GTX 260 is still weaker than that

no 2 8800gt's smoke one gtx260 they smoke one gtx280. you would be better off buying a gtx280 now keeping it till you acan afford another 280.

smoke a gtx280?! lol, i think not... i'd say on par..

and not only that.. i would say having 1 greater card is much better than an SLi'd set... why? because not everything supports SLi

and it'll leave you with the options of buyin 2 later :)

which is the route i'm going... either that.. or giving quad SLi a go

i say you be a rebel like me.. and take on the 260!

Nvidia's GeForce 9800 GX2 graphics card - The Tech Report - Page 5

cod4-1920.gif

etqw-1920.gif

the 9800gx2 looks to scale very good to me... and the gtx280 is about as good.. if not better some times... stop looking at reviews online!!

watch maxishines review of the gtx280... it outdid the 9800gx2 quad sli by a good bit... they're amazing cards.. and i don't think are given the credit they deserve

image014.png

image015.png

image033.png

Ok despite what everyone else is saying...heres the thing. 1 260 is going to give you the ability to play ANY game at pretty much maxxed settings with out the headaches that come with SLI. So if you are someone who can see microstutter, or play games that arent multicard friendly, the 260 is going to be the better card.

smoke a gtx280?! lol, i think not... i'd say on par..

and not only that.. i would say having 1 greater card is much better than an SLi'd set... why? because not everything supports SLi

and it'll leave you with the options of buyin 2 later :)

which is the route i'm going... either that.. or giving quad SLi a go

i say you be a rebel like me.. and take on the 260!

im going single 280, now that 2 260s are more expensive then one 280.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom