WOOT got my comp today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure your CPU heatsink is on snug. Second make sure that you have a bootable CD, and that you have the bios configured to check the CD first, prior to the hard drive.

I really think it is a heat issue, keep the case off, and ensure that the heatsink fan is blowing, and that there is absolutely no space between the cpu and heatsink.

goin to bed for the night

gonna start again tommorow after work thanks for all the help

Could be heat or it also could mean a BIOS update. I know when I had a motherboard that didn't support a specific CPU *E8200* I was getting freeze ups during boot up or during install of windows.

Needed a BIOS update just to get it working normal again.

EDIT - Wouldn't hurt to do a CMOS reset either

make sure all sata cables are in securely .. i had a problem cuz an sata cable was halfway out.. well not halfway.. but not all the way in

ok since the nb heatsink wont fit with the xigmatek rifle should i switch back to the stock cpu heatsink and fan? or is there another alternative?

no i cant the nb heat sink wouldnt fit with the xigmatek on as well but..................................i put the intel stock cooler on and the nb heatsink(came uninstalled) and its all working good now. gonna install os and go from there can always swap out cpu hs later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom