Crossfire 4870 is alive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should hear these cards spool up when they get warm. The fans are super quiet but they move SOOOO much air that its rediculously loud. And yes, i fully plan on voltmodding them and pushing them as far as they will go.

DFI x38.

nitrogen cooling maybe? now that would be cool :cool:

but it would make me so jealous!

and not only that.. nitrogen is only for like.. 1 hour use..a nd for that 1 hour you'd spend a ton of money on liquid nitrogen!! lol

i plan on one day giving Dry Ice a go... seems like it would be fun

Updated the first post with pics. Just ran 3dmark06 and hit 19858 with my 24/7 settings. For some reason my cpu is running crazy hot with this setup. I think this board is actually giving more voltage to it than the old 680i did. Cpu hit as high as 77C and the cards were cooking at a lovely 85C during 3dmark. So water is definately going to make a big difference. Still trying to figure out this bios. Pretty similar to the evga bios but LOTS of extra stuff in it. One good thing about it, i can tell it which hard drive to boot from so i dont have to go plugging and unplugging drives when i want to use my xp partition for benching.

man, those radeon's look dead sexy

and whats up with the hot cpu temps?! is that with ur water? or still with that other heatsink??

your computer shaped up amazingly!!!! and just for the idea that you went ati... i'm going to have to go nvidia now.. lol, 780i for me i guess

Nah, i'm still waiting on a few parts. I gotta get barbs for the radiators, and i'm waiting on the ramsinks and mosfet sinks for the video cards. I'm not going halfway on the watercooling loop. Next weekend will be the water switchover. I'm going to have to investigate the cpu temps, i put the TRUE on reversed from usual, not sure if thats the problem, or if its because i only have a single fan on it. I'm thinking it has more to do with the motherboard though. Gonna turn down the voltage a hair, also its crazy hot in my apt right now. Stupid 95+ temps out here in colorado are making me mad.

that could be it... my super hot temps in my room (about the same as yours) made my computer crazy hot too

i'm gonna be running some benchmarks tonite with my loop on just distilled water.. i should be in home in about 20 min

and... im' stuck between quad sli or 2 gtx260's

man, those radeon's look dead sexy

and whats up with the hot cpu temps?! is that with ur water? or still with that other heatsink??

your computer shaped up amazingly!!!! and just for the idea that you went ati... i'm going to have to go nvidia now.. lol, 780i for me i guess

Might want to wait on that eVGA 780i FTW that nVIdia should be releasing soon

oh jesus.. i'm getting lost in all this hardware.... what to do... lol

i guess i'll do even more waiting....

what is the difference between the 780i and 780i ftw?

isnt there a gtx280 ftw as well? lol....

Dont do quad sli. Thats why i sold my gx2's. It just doesnt scale for crap. You would be better off with 3 260s or 280s. The new cards actually seem to scale pretty well in tri-sli, but gx2 x 2 just doesnt work for crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom