my addiction might be back

Status
Not open for further replies.
i probably dont really even need to upgrade.. but i just want to. lol its such an addiction

so boy... what kind of drugs do you take? Overclocking and upgrading

I dot play games as much anymore, i do lots of 3d rendering.. mainly cpu intensive. I reaaaaallly wish now that i had not sold my phase change unit. 4.5ghz quad would of been nice for it if i had kept it. But ehh, was a pain in the butt how it took so long to boot the machine and cold reboot

I blame these forums for getting bit by the upgrade bug. You can only read so much of what everyone else is doing before you actually do it yourself.

Yep. These forums have easily cost me over 2000 in upgrades in the last year. I could have put that money into my 64 bug :(

i think the gtx280 is taking the edge with sli and tri sli right now.. so if money is of no object.. i suggest you get the gtx280... its got onboard physics and 1gb of memory.. so if you play high res.. you want that

and good seeing you again by the way :)

4870 crossfire outperforms GTX 280 SLI at a fraction of the price and a fraction of the power consumption...

**edit** can't find any reviews that directly confirm this, but it's an assumption I've made based on single vs single gpu reviews. Once a direct comparison is made and if I'm proven wrong I'm happy to eat my words.

Nvidia have aggressively dropped the price of GTX 260 and 280
http://www.techist.com/forums/f40/gtx-260-299-99-newegg-178995/

ya, i've been aware this was going to happen, i just wasnt sure when..

and i'm glad it was sooner than later... if i play my cards right, i can buy me a gtx280 next friday.... or, i may even just go back to 9800gx2 if this is the case

i'm glad i didnt pull the trigger on any gpu's yet.. but i think i may be staying green.... 780i here i come :)

ya, i've been aware this was going to happen, i just wasnt sure when..

and i'm glad it was sooner than later... if i play my cards right, i can buy me a gtx280 next friday.... or, i may even just go back to 9800gx2 if this is the case

i'm glad i didnt pull the trigger on any gpu's yet.. but i think i may be staying green.... 780i here i come :)

I thought you already ordered that DFi X48 board??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom