help with assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.
there should be some 3 pins on the mobo, thats how i had it hooked up

and, you have to have that 8 pin one plugged in.. that is CPU power

as for the 4 pin (the one with 4 metal pieces in one line), that one is only for SLi dual graphics cards power

^ ok awesome yeah I just figured that out.

I'll just find another slot for the Tower...

BUT as far as the CPU power plug, its an 8 pin plug...and my Antec PSU only has a 4PIN :rolleyes: I wonder what this is doing to it as far as propper power...

i think it may be fine.. but it may hinder oc performance.. but don't quote me onthis.. i'm not 100% sure it'll boot with a 4 pin

if anything.. just grab yourself a 4 pin to 8 pin converter and it'll solve all ur problems

the glory of the 680i is that there is a power button on the motherboard... so you can test everything out BEFORE you put it in your case

the glory of the 680i is that there is a power button on the motherboard... so you can test everything out BEFORE you put it in your case

how are you sapposed to connect everything with it NOT in the case ??

heh heh anyway... where can I find a 4 to 8 pin converter ??

just lay it out on the desk like i used to... lol.. not that i recommend it.. but i'm just saying, if its already in the case.. don't worry about it

and a 4 to 8 pin converer.. any computer shop more than likely.. fry's, some local places... or even newegg.com

just type in 4 to 8 pin converter.. but obviously make sure its the correct ends for it

102_0285.jpg

example!

^ :lol: thats funny.... why would u do that ??
Thats a MASSIVE video card :eek:
you don't like cases ??

thanks I'll check out newegg....

^ :lol: thats funny.... why would u do that ??
Thats a MASSIVE video card :eek:
you don't like cases ??

thanks I'll check out newegg....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom