help with assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

illnastyimpreza

In Runtime
ok so I finaly have ALL my parts for my build.

I've got the MOBO( EVGA 680i) installed in the case, the CPU(e2180) in the mobo....and the harddrive in the harddrive case.

I've got a few problems though...

I have NO idea how to attach the CPU cooler (tuniq tower)

I have NO idea where all the little connectors go for the case fans,case led, power and reset button...

any help would be GREATLY appreciated...

Firstly remove the board from the Case, with a Tuniq Tower, its a HECK lot easier to install the Tuniq on the board than throw it in the case.. put the thermal paste then stick on the Tuniq and attach the cooler and plug in the fan

Ok for take the case buttons and look towards the bottom of the board it'll say where to plug em in, they'll stay stuff like PWR, Reset, just check your manual and connect the correct ones to the place it goes

Vern hit the nail on the head with the CPU cooler.

As for the case buttons (called the F_Panel connectors), you'll have to look at your motherboard manual for the easiest way to hook them up. It'll also say what they are on the motherboard. Only thing you'll have to know: If the connector has 2 wires, and one is black/other is white: black is ground ( - ), and white is power ( + ). If there connector has 2 wires, and one is white and the other is a colored one: white is ground in this case ( - ), and the colored wire is power ( + ).

I thinkthe F_panel is one of the hardest parts to building a PC, because all of the little connectors youhave to hook up, lol (unless you have an Asus board, which have a Quick-connect thing you can attact to the case wires to hook up to the motherboard).

ok I don't have any thermal paste. What can I use instead ??

also, I don't have the mobo manual... I found it online...trying to figure out all the connections now...

Go out an buy some thermal paste. A computer shop should have some. There arent any good substitutes for thermal paste ;).

you can use mayonaise instead of thermal paste...j/k. You need it regardless so I would make a trip to your local computer store to pick some up. Preferably artic silver 5, mx-2 or whatever they carry

crap...you think walmart carries it ?

also I just found out my Antec PSU doesn't have an 8 PIN ATX 12v power connector...only a 6 and a 4 pin... How does this effect anything? the manual states "It is strongly recommended that you use an 8-pin ATX 12V
power supply; however, if you have a four-pin power supply,
plug the connector to pins 1, 2, 5, and 6 as shown"

EDIT: just found out the office depot near me carries thermal paste.....Road trip !

before I leave, do you think there is anything else I will likely need to buy when I am out ??

ok I picked up some thermal paste @ office depot... lubed her all up and installed the tower on my CPU. I just removed the PSU , and she screwed right on. (instead of taking the mobo all back out)

I'm still wondering about the 8 pin vs 4pin ATX connector though... anyone ??

continueing build :)...

i forgot the manual!! jebus i'm sorry.. i will ship that to you asap! i also realized.. the sli bridge was sitting on my desk!!! i will ship those out as soon as i can!! lol, my bad, i coulda sworn i had it in the box!

anywho, there is a 4 pin on the mobo that you only should use if running SLi

and, how much thermalpaste did you put on.. you only need the size of a pea drop... or grain of rice actually

and you want the 8pin in.. not 4

and another thing.. for the things such as hdd light and power and what not... it should say near the pins what they are in case you havent noticed or done that yet

^ cool yeah. I found the "auxilary power for graphics" is that the 4 pin you are talking about ??

Do I need to have both that one and the 8 pin(currently only have a 4 pin connected to it) connected ?

ALSO, where did you have the Tuniq tower plugged in ?? the CPU fan connector on the MOBO is a 4 pin, the tower has a 3 pin...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom