only one of my usb drives work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

locksmith

Beta member
well we had the computer unhooked for a while because it just got full of crap and we were going to get it blanked. so he hooked up the other computer and used that. we took the one to get blanked and we hooked it back up and only one usb drive worked. and i have usb keyboard and mouse. i managed to dig out my old keyboard so i can work the **** thing. but i want to plug my flashdrive in. and maybe even the good keyboard. so what do you think is wrong?

Is this a prebuilt computer? If it is, whats the brand/model number of the computer?

You'll need to tell me the brand/model of the motherboard, then. If you don't know, then you can use this to find out:

http://www.cpuid.com/download/cpuz_146.zip

Run that (it doesn't have to be installed, its a standalone program that will simply run without installing), and then click on the Mainboard tab and post the Manufacturer/Model.

that is a neat little tool. ok the info is in.

manufacturer is- ECS
model- 761GX-M754-964
chip set is- SiS 761gx

ECS Web Site

Scroll down to where it says "USB 2.0" and download the one from w/e country you're from (assuming you're from US, but that's just me assuming).

well two things. 1) that did not work. i got a error message saying that i have the lastest sis usb 2.0 and i got it is service pack 1. and 2) i am from canada, so you were close with the guess. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom