IDE ports...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello oldskool,

Check out my information of OEM vs Retail here:

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/differences-between-oem-retail-171393/#post1349335

Most of the time when you see a OEM disc for sale on ebay you will see a brand name by it like Dell or HP. Those discs are for those types of systems. But from NewEgg or TiregerDirect those OEM discs are full discs just like the Retail discs and can be used on any system. It is cheaper for people to buy OEM over Retail. As Retail doesnt offer much more than amount of times it can be activated.

Cheers,
Mak

Hello oldskool,

Not a problem. Check out hte windows area and the Index for a bunch of threads tha hold some good info. ;)

Cheers,
Mak

lol nevermind, My CPU fan wasn't attached fully... was ramping the temp upto 117c fixed it.... maxin at 66c now... thanks for the prompt reply tho Mak :)

Ok, I forgot to mention that you would use a SATA to IDE bridge chip like this one found at this URL

SATA MINI BRIDGE CONVERTER SATA DRIVE TO IDE CONNECTOR

Also, I braincramped, SATA doesn't need to be set to master or slave. I knew that it could be done though, regarding hooking a SATA drive into a IDE controller slot.

LOL, I just ran across this thread while searching for something else...

That's kind of a big WHOOPS!

This whoopsy reminds me of that thread here when that dude clipped his PCI card to make it fit into the slot... :laughing: :freak: Man, that was a long time ago. Anyone remember that thread? :tumbleweed rolls by:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom