"Crazy But Cool" - Custom PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised you guys haven't heard of the Skulltrail by now... it's been known about for quite some time now lol. I believe there was a thread around here somewhere that had pictures of a Skulltrail PC running...

Right well, I came across something insane, overpriced and downright foolhardy, yet it left me puzzled whether it was actually possible and/or feasible to do it.

I was reading through the latest issue of Custom PC to see if there was anything interesting in there when I came across this computer build -

Case: Silverstone TJ07B-W
Silverstone Temjin TJ07B-W Aluminium Tower Case with Window - Black

Motherboard: Intel D5400XS
Intel D5400XS "Skulltrail" Intel 5400 eATX (Socket 771) PCI-Express FBDIMM DDR2 Motherboard

CPU: 2x Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9775
Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme Edition QX9775 "LGA771 Yorkfield" 3.20GHz (1600FSB) - Retail

RAM: 4x Crucial CT12872AF80E
CT12872AF80E - 1GB, 240-pin DIMM , DDR2 PC2-6400 from Crucial.com

PSU: Corsair HX1000W
Welcome to Corsair :: HX1000 Power Supply Product Information

Those are the main parts, graphics wasn't included in their build as new ones are due out next month apparently. Looking at some of the prices makes this build unfeasible, but what I would like to know, is this actually possible?

If it is possible, why would you want to? I mean there are no games out there that would need two quad core processor chips, with Quad-SLI/Crossfire support. :confused: It's madness!

I understand that two processor slots are used on some large servers, but they recommend this for a gaming rig.

You've never heard of Skulltrail? This is pretty old.. we've currently got a guinea pig who's going to try this out...

to bad 2 cpus doesn't help, and in most cases it drops performance lol

He's not kidding people...

Skulltrail Vs. Triple SLI Gaming Smackdown - 3D Graphics, Audio & HDTV by ExtremeTech

@.@!!!! Dude that is MADNESS a motherboard that takes 2 CPU's that is CRAZY!!!!

Seems you have a lot of money just lying around. Why not adopt me or something just so I can get near that computer.

Heh, I don't have the cash, it's just an article in a magazine I noticed.

As for the skulltrail, no I hadn't heard of it. I'm not surprised it drops performance really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom