My Games freeze up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin76

Beta member
Hey I bought a system from ibuypower Beginning of 2008. Here is the stats:Case: Nzxt Apollo Gaming Tower Case w/420W Power Supply Black )
Power Supply: 600 Watt -- Power Supply SLI Ready )
Processor: [= Quad Core =] Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6600 (4x 2.4GHz/8MB L2 Cache/1066FSB)
Processor Cooling: INTEL Certified Liquid CPU Cooling System kit )
Motherboard: Asus P5N-E SLI nForce® 650i SLI Chipset w/6-channel CODEC, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, IEEE-1394 Dual PCI-E MB )
Memory: 2048MB [1024MB X2] DDR2-800 PC6400 Memory Module Corsair-Value or Major brand )
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT 512MB w/DVI + TV Out Video )
Hard Drive: 320 GB HARD DRIVE [Serial-ATA-II, 3Gb, 7200 RPM, 16M Cache] )
Operation System: 64-Bit Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium )

Ok From the from the first game I put on everyone of them freezes up on me. It can happen any where from 1 min. to 45 min.. Whenever it freezes up whatever is on the screen will stay that way nothing works and I have to manually reboot. I have updated Vista, video drivers and don't what to do now. The games I tried are Bioshock, Call of Duty 4, Crysis, Two Worlds, Halflife 2, Command and Conquer 3 etc, Any ideas?

Check to ensure your heatsink is properly seated. If your processor overheats (when it is doing a lot of calculating) it will lockup your system. Same deal with your video card, ensure the fans are working properly and any heatsinks are snug.

If your OS works fine, but when you try some highly taxing applications/games, then i feel it is a heat issue, espeically when you are trying multiple applications/games.

Download HWMonitor and check your temps, especially your video card. Have you overclocked your videocard at all? Because if you push it too far you will see this sort of thing happening to your games (Happened to me, so i just clocked it back and now everything is nice)

The processor is liguid cooled it seems to be on OK. I don't know much about this type of heat sink. The video card is spinning and I blew out the computer. No I don't overclock anything. I am going to find and download HWMonitor. I will try to see if that is my problem. Thanks

Hello,

Have you isntalled Vista SP1? Have you checked for patches to all the games?

Cheers,
Mak

Yes I have SP1 and all the patches. Does anyone know where I can download HWMonitor for Vista 64 bit.

i'm not sure if it would cause the problem but your power supply is severely inadequate. don't 8800s need 350w to run, the intel is 125w (i think), then ram, liquid cooling, HD, ect. You need to up the power supply.

i'm not sure if it would cause the problem but your power supply is severely inadequate. don't 8800s need 350w to run, the intel is 125w (i think), then ram, liquid cooling, HD, ect. You need to up the power supply.

He has a 600w power supply... And I'm pretty sure it has enough wattage/amps on the 12v rails to run all of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom