Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

d3nd3

Solid State Member
:confused:
whats the difference between an Asus p5E-x38 and the other ones suggested.

what would i be missing if i bought the p5E-x38 instead of some of the other ones

ok then here is what i've got in my mind

this board, i don't know why this board. asus p5e-x38
q6600 processor
sapphire ati redeion hd 4870
ocz 4gb (2 x 2) reaper hpc edition (i give you link, please check if this memory is approriate , it says something about srl:confused:)
OCZ2RPR10664GK : OCZ 4GB Kit (2x2GB) DDR2 240Pin PC2-8500 Reaper HPC Edition : DDR2 1066 - PC8500 : novatech.co.uk
And this is the Hard Drive
ST3500320AS : Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB SATA II 7200rpm 32Mb Cache 11ms 300Mb/s Hard Drive : 500Gb SATA Hard Drives : novatech.co.uk
its a Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB SATA II 7200rpm 32Mb Cache 11ms 300Mb/s Hard Drive
Corsair 650TX power supply

And i need a recommended cooler ...

the system will be overclocked, i need confirmation now from you experts
feel free to say your opinions , i am willing to edit stuff at the cost of higher total price
EDIT : Oh i'm also going to get the Antec 900 i think
IMPORTANT EDIT : I'm planning to add a 4570x2 crossfire when its released, would that effect my Mobo?
ANOTHER EDIT : ARGZ! what is the difference between ASUS P5E-x38 and ASUS P5E3-X38 ? ??
AND ANOTHER LOL : I heard someone say about a fan for the GPU, how to do this, where get it from?
EDIT : Also guys, i'll be buying all this stuff, will i need to buy any cables to connect the stuff, or does it come with it the products :S:S:S
EDIT#6 : The makes of fans for processor are these on that site : Novatech (1) Antec (2) Thermaltake (23)
Nexus (9) Zalman (19) Hiper (2)
Arctic Cooling (4) Noctua (2)

so does that mean its DDR3 and DDR2 compatible or just DDR3, also with the other one, the P5E , would not be very future proof because it won't allow DDR3 am i correct? --- so therefore if i swayed for the P5E3 , i wouldn't want to spend out on DDR3 just yet ... so would DDR2 still work
EDIT : there is only a £7 price difference

No it is not, it only accepts DDR3. If you want to shell out for DDR3 right now go ahead. There is no increase in performace yet because the latencies are so slow compared to DDR2. I'm not purchasing it until prices come down and performace goes up w/ some lower latency DDR3. Stick w/ the P5E and flash w/ Rampage bios and get some nice sticks that'll do 1200mhz and you'll be fine.

Personally i avoid asus products, and from my reading, will now avoid sapphire products. If you want a 4870 i suggest going with HIS, Visiontek or Powercolor, or Diamond. Sapphire has pretty shady warranty and customer support practices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom