Been a while -- need assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude most applications don't even use or require more then one core. Besides his upgrading in another 2 years anyways. Since there really is no difference between dual core and quad core in gaming at the moment. It makes no sense why he should blow his money on a Q6600 at the moment. Because by the time his ready for his next upgrade there will be better Processors out by then with higher clock speeds as well.

That is the one thing currently keeping me from making a definite decision one way or the other...

Well if he was gonna shell out 190 for an e8400 why not shell out 210 for a q6600, only makes sense to me.

I have continued reading on this subject and it seems that my best bet may actually be the e8400. The reason why: obviously most games still only run best on single cores, therefore the closer to single the better. Also, by the time quad core games are being produced like crazy, the q6600 will be outdated and slow. Hussein made a good point there.

Dude most applications don't even use or require more then one core. Besides his upgrading in another 2 years anyways. Since there really is no difference between dual core and quad core in gaming at the moment. It makes no sense why he should blow his money on a Q6600 at the moment. Because by the time his ready for his next upgrade there will be better Processors out by then with higher clock speeds as well.

This is what i always thought and why i never liked ppl saying "get q6600 itll be more future proof." Never should future proof be used when talking about computers.

I've seen benchmarks of e8400 > q6600 in fps terms because of the higher clock speed and the fact that most current games dont use 4 cores, and barely use 2 cores. When the future rolls around that uses 4 cores, q6600 wont be so hot anymore, you'll be looking at the nehalem chips.

Where are you buying that the q6600 is cheaper than e8400 tho?

This is what i always thought and why i never liked ppl saying "get q6600 itll be more future proof." Never should future proof be used when talking about computers.

I've seen benchmarks of e8400 > q6600 in fps terms because of the higher clock speed and the fact that most current games dont use 4 cores, and barely use 2 cores. When the future rolls around that uses 4 cores, q6600 wont be so hot anymore, you'll be looking at the nehalem chips.

Where are you buying that the q6600 is cheaper than e8400 tho?

Newegg. OEM q6600 is cheaper than packaged e8400. The difference is only about $20, but I'll take what I can get. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom