Novice Needs Help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D super stuff, you have been great help to me :nerd: i will keep in touch with this forum for sure. hm , could u answer the questions i put on the edit of previous posts. And is that egg site deliver to uk ^^ i hope so

I don't think they deliver to the UK. I just used it as a reference to good parts.

Yes the X38 motherboard is crossfire compatible. Also, the Q6600 is ONE processor with FOUR working cores. Hence the term quad-core. It is still one processor. You only purchase one, and it fits directly into the one CPU slot of the Asus motherboard.

I don't know where a good place in the UK would be. Maybe someone else can offer some help?

Operating System wise, is it worth me getting Vista?
btw - the pc i'm currently using, its worth taking the Hard Drive and directly using it on the pc i'm guna make ? (Is that possible ? and will it fuction without reinstalling anything? , its xp)
do you think vista really does slow your pc down when it comes to games, because of memory usage to run vista? or is that only for low ram pc's ?

Vista doesn't "slow things down" it just requires more memory because it is much larger and more advanced. Taking a hard drive from one PC directly to another would require a reinstallation because of the change in all the other hardware. I would get Vista, it has it's perks and for gaming that is the only way to get DirectX 10 graphics. As long as you have 2GB+ of RAM Vista will be fine.

If you're gaming on Vista I recommend 4gb instead of the casual power user recommendation of 2gb

right on :laughing:
i know there is a limit for xp of 4gb ( by xp i mean 32 bit Os? or system? dunoo)

but, whats the limit with vista, (if vista ups the limit, or is it the system xD)
EDIT : is thermal paste a necessity

sorry to be a pain, just bumping up this thread, so that i can get an answer on my last requests:confused:

but u've been great help to me so far, its really good:)

ok mate, does thermal paste come with the processor, also mate, i just looked to buy a q6600 processor, and i saw a q6700

is it worth me buying the q6700 , cos its slightly dearer but a bit better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom