my addiction might be back

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseber1982

Enterprise SCCM\SCOM
Wellll,, time to start the upgrade addiction again.

I have 2 8800 ultras and i think i am ready to upgrade them.

After reading about veedub and his upgrade... i started having a relapse.

I have read a little bit on the cards that are out, but i think i have been out of it too long to make a good decision.

I want to buy 2 new cards... either nvidia or ati, whatever is better... and i will buy a new mobo if needed to keep using my qx6700.

if you have loads of cash to spend I would recommend a 4870 for now, and a 4870x2 when they come out for Tri-CF.

so forget nvidia for now?

And right now qa single 4870 can beat 2 8800 ultras?

But also am i gunna spending this money and only getting like 5% increase?

And were you talking about just getting a single card for now or 2?

lmao i have edited this post 3 times now

lol yea, i just kept adding questions into it..

Better than people complainging saying arrrrrrrgh mateyy,, you be having to many posts,, use der edit button arrrggggg

Ya, the 4870 is pretty close to the 280 in performance, which in turn is about equal to ultras in SLI. So i'm guessing my 4870 crossfire setup should hold me over for quite a while. And if it turns out that crossfireX ever starts scaling well, i can move 1 of the 4870s to the 4x slot and add a 4870x2 for quadfire :D

lol yea, i just kept adding questions into it..

Better than people complainging saying arrrrrrrgh mateyy,, you be having to many posts,, use der edit button arrrggggg

I'd probably merge them anyways ;)

I think Tri-Crossfire is a good idea, HD 4870 + HD 4870X2 with a Asus P5Q Deluxe/ Asus Rampage Formula/ DFI X48 or some P45/X38 board would pwn :)

You can either do that if you want the build quickly since the hD 4870 is out and you'd just have to buy a HD 4870X2

hopefully you can get a decent amount of coin back from your Ultra's. Some tard on ebay will probably pay top dollar for it.

I'd probably merge them anyways ;)

I think Tri-Crossfire is a good idea, HD 4870 + HD 4870X2 with a Asus P5Q Deluxe/ Asus Rampage Formula/ DFI X48 or some P45/X38 board would pwn :)

You can either do that if you want the build quickly since the hD 4870 is out and you'd just have to buy a HD 4870X2

Bro my main concern will be getting my hands on a single 4850. The rest of you can drool over your Crossfires and Sli's or whatever. My nice 4850 will serve me well for quite a while ; )

Ya... people still believe in that when they haven't seen G92's haha :)

Bro my main concern will be getting my hands on a single 4850. The rest of you can drool over your Crossfires and Sli's or whatever. My nice 4850 will serve me good for quite a while ; )

haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom