OEM vs. Retail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badgerme

Baseband Member
I'm not sure on this but I believe the difference between an OEM cpu and a Retail cpu is that the Retail comes with a heatsink/fan/or something of that sort while the OEM does not?

If I plan on getting a heatsink (xigmatek rifle) with my build does it make more sense to buy the OEM cpu version?

I'm not sure on this but I believe the difference between an OEM cpu and a Retail cpu is that the Retail comes with a heatsink/fan/or something of that sort while the OEM does not?

If I plan on getting a heatsink (xigmatek rifle) with my build does it make more sense to buy the OEM cpu version?

Yeah dude if that's the case then save a few dollars and buy your CPU OEM.

OEM usually will not come w/ manufacterer things like CD's, extra software, things like that. For a CPU that usually means no heatsink or thermal paste.

oem cpu's also have less warranty than retail. there usually only a few dollars cheaper neways not saving much

i just picked up a Q6600 oem, all you get is the chip but i got a Freezer 7 PRO as well so it works out £5 more expencive but i got a fan thats better then the retail version

When you buy Aftermarket coolers you really don't need the Retail version, since you have no use of the Stock Cooler, unless you sell it on eBay for like $5 (if somebody even buys it for that much), but if you lap it you can sell it for more ;)

lol i just buy the retail because its not much more and availability is not great in australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom