Help mounting radiator/ slight case modding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinscher

Fully Optimized
Ok so I currently have 360mm rad sitting outside the back of my case (thermaltake armor) and I would really like to get my rad mounted on the back of the case if possible (or top). I've never done any sort of case modding before so I'm gonna need some help.

One of the problems is that the pre-drilled holes for W/C tubes sit right where I'm thinking it would be possible to put my rad so I would have to drill new holes and I'm not totally sure how to do this.

I'm sure one of you case modders can help me out here :)

I really need some help with what supplies I need to do this little project. I've been reading other case mod threads and none of them really help me with what I need to do.

You don't know how to drill a hole?

1) Get a drill
2) Put drill bit in drill
3) Place drill bit on surface
4) Turn drill on

lol :)

God im not that stupid. Is there a certain type of drill bit though. I know there are like a million different types and I don't know what would be best. I don't know what to use to mount the radiator with either. Just simply secure it with some screws?

Come on I'm asking a legit question here. I know some people have posted some pretty dumb questions on these forums like "Can I put plastic pieces on my mobo to keep it clean?" or "Has anyone used CRAZY glue in their computer before? Can I crazy glue wires down?" or "Has anyone tried to put a PS3 processor in their rig? This should be possible right?" -- These are ridiculous questions... I don't think mine was that bad.

Can I please have a real answer to my question.

You need a 1" hole saw. Home depot sells a 1" hole saw with an integrated arbor for something like 7 bucks.

While it probably isn't meant for cutting steel/alu it will last for 2 holes at least.

Mount the radiator using a gutted 120mm fan casing and some bolts.

Thank you Aspire :)

Thats exactly what I needed to know. I'll swing by Home Depot after work tomorrow and pick that up. I'm probably gonna need to buy some cheap 120mm fan too to take apart.

When using a holesaw, or a large drill bit you should drill a pilot hole first with a small drill bit to guide the drill, and so you don't end up drilling it in the wrong place.

The holesaws I've seen have a centre drill bit, which would go into the pilot hole

When using a holesaw, or a large drill bit you should drill a pilot hole first with a small drill bit to guide the drill, and so you don't end up drilling it in the wrong place.

The holesaws I've seen have a centre drill bit, which would go into the pilot hole

Good to know. Ill pick up a small drill bit too. Thanks for the help. Im in LA right now so ill get started on this once i get home.

God im not that stupid. Is there a certain type of drill bit though. I know there are like a million different types and I don't know what would be best. I don't know what to use to mount the radiator with either. Just simply secure it with some screws?

Come on I'm asking a legit question here. I know some people have posted some pretty dumb questions on these forums like "Can I put plastic pieces on my mobo to keep it clean?" or "Has anyone used CRAZY glue in their computer before? Can I crazy glue wires down?" or "Has anyone tried to put a PS3 processor in their rig? This should be possible right?" -- These are ridiculous questions... I don't think mine was that bad.

Can I please have a real answer to my question.

Hehe, sorry. I was in a particularly sarcastic mood. :)

Hope you found the answers. Post some pics when you're done. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom