SLI or Crossfire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the information. Already having the 780i, what is the chance of hitting the video bug. I'm thinking of selling it anyway and going with another one. Im still not sure which video path to go. Not considiering what will come out, but just what is already out. I cannot decide between one 9800gtx or 9800gx2 and maybe trade-up to a 280gtx or crossfire 4870's. If I do decide sli what motherboard, outside the 700 series because of the video bug, would you suggest thats on par with the 780i? If i choose crossfire, which motherboard? (if I choose crossfire, hows this one... Newegg.com - ASUS RAMPAGE FORMULA LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards ...i know you'll suggest getting a cheaper one and flashing it to that, but your thoughts on THAT board?) Don't forget a suggestion for an sli board. Thanks. :)

I am using that board on a build right now. Once I have it built tonight and running, I will absolutely tell you how it is. So far it seems amazing and has great bios and overclocking features.

Thats good to hear, let me know how it is. I think im leaning more for crossfire, if that board is recommeneded here, i'll go with it. Any other suggestions? Want the best, most future proof if the asus is not.

Also, after the price drop, would it be worth getting a 9450 or 9550 over a 6600 or 6700?

I say neither, multi card solutions regaurdless of what brand or type of card is not worth it. Maybe sometime in the future, but it still has too many problems..

Better to get a single card and upgrade it as needed. At this point its probably best to wait for the 4870 X2's and only after many reviews, decide which single card solution to go with. Of course this all depends on how much you have to spend, the games you play or want to play, what size moniter you have and at what settings and resolution you want to play said games on/at..

agreed, do nto get multi card setup, instead wait for the 4870x2. dual gpu always seems to not scale as well as single gpu crossfire/sli anyway.

Ok, going the single card route, would you still suggest a 4870x2 over then 280gtx? For a motherboard, is the asus above good? After price drop, worth getting a 9450 or 9550?

SLI FTW!!!! Yes Crossfire scales better but SLI has the GTX280. SLI those and you've just got a killer rig ;).

On which part?

Single or crossfire 4870x2's? or Good motherboard? or Worth getting a better cpu after price drop?

Also, when do the 4870x2's come out and at what price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom