*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06/03 Top List

just had a disaster...was attempting to install XP and my cd drive messed up because I kicked it on accident :/ it froze mid-install and somehow the MBR was screwed up.

No worries I said, and reformatted that partition, then on reboot I see a bunch of partitions with 0mb on them and I can't do anything with them! Ended up having to reformat the entire drive...lost a few things of sentimental value :(

My next purchase is going to be a dedicated OS drive so this never happens again.

arrgghhh!

just had a disaster...was attempting to install XP and my cd drive messed up because I kicked it on accident :/ it froze mid-install and somehow the MBR was screwed up.

No worries I said, and reformatted that partition, then on reboot I see a bunch of partitions with 0mb on them and I can't do anything with them! Ended up having to reformat the entire drive...lost a few things of sentimental value :(

My next purchase is going to be a dedicated OS drive so this never happens again.

arrgghhh!

pr0n?

heh all that is replaceable.

Just a 6 yr music collection...some really, really good essays I wrote a long time ago. Some really good pics....etc

ah... ya, i lost a pretty big music collection last year... and alot of pictures i never burned of memories i'll never get back...

and to naga... if you have some good cooling... and a mobo that can't do uuber high fsb's... that is really the only reason to get the q6700

My XP disk had a slight crack in it (Dont ask how, it just happened D:) ..but I thought I'd risk it because I needed to reinstall, Well the disk exploded into a million pieces half way through the install.. took me hours and hours to get all the pieces out.

Back on topic.. TRYING for 14K, I really need an aftermarket cooler though. Realtemp claims my CPU is at 50C idle. I've tried reseating and the voltage is barely above stock, My room is nice and cool (well not lately, but the temps are still idle at 50C).. Bios shows it to be idle at 30C. Before I do any hardcore 4Ghz overclocking I'd like to know how much heat I'm dealing with so nothing explodes.

Back off topic. SPEAKING OF HEAT! I was reviving my Brisbane rig (I got an antec PSU and 6GB HDD and threw it together with spare parts for fun) ..anyways, It was up and running but I noticed it shut off.. So I keep powering it back on only to have it shut down.. So I open it up and notice the wire blocking the CPU fan (the heatsink was scolding hot) ..I power the rig back on to check the temps in Bios real quick and they were a WHOPPING 110C! I let it cool down and its running perfectly now.

weeeeeeeeEEeeeeEE!

59575007me4.png

11,104| Zmatt | Core 2 Duo e7200 | HD4850@ Stock | XP Pro 32bit ORB

Here is the 3dmark for my new machine. No overclocking or anything. I'm pretty happy with how is turned out, it scored right around where I thought it would.

11,104| Zmatt | Core 2 Duo e7200 | HD4850@ Stock | XP Pro 32bit ORB

Here is the 3dmark for my new machine. No overclocking or anything. I'm pretty happy with how is turned out, it scored right around where I thought it would.

Nice. Was that the run with speedstep enabled or did you run it again?

Back
Top Bottom