Time For A New Video Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even worse... ;)

It performs like a 6800gs, not thats bad or anything, just a bit older...

900RR, I'm thinking about buying the card you linked to. I don't play games often, but when I do I rarely reach 25 FPS. I would just like something that would make everything run a little faster.

Would you recommend the Foxconn over the KFA2 previously posted?

I'm actually not very knowledgeable when it comes to graphics cards. All I need is something that will get the job done.

Ya GDDR3 is more powerful

Like Maroon said GDDR2 512mb < 256mb GDDR3 even in higher resolutions..

8600gts is a superior card than a 8600gt... its a better but not to say its the best... 8800gs for an extra $15 is really worth it but if its out of your reach the 8600gts is pretty good (so don't worry about the brand.. I'm pretty sure Foxconn are just Reference nVidia GPU's)

PCI-e 2.0 is a new interface, it'll still work with PCI-e X16 but most older cards can't use the extra bandwidth anyways... like yours in this case..

hmm I don't recommend that honestly... the 128bit Interface will probably cap the 512mb of RAM, and that RAM will be mostly useful at Higher resolutions, which the 8600gts isn't really capable of unless you drop some of the texture settings and stuff

Ya since you were going to get that Palit Sonic 1gb, you should consider the GSO since you were about to pay that much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom