im gonna get a 9450

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure it's July 22nd too

yea, the only difference between the 9450 and 9550 is the 8.5 multi instead of 8. so it's probably not really worth it to wait if you really need it

yeah i have been reading just now about it. there was a fella that got to 550 with a p5q deluxe....but who knows if it was stable or a lie.
lol...maybe i shoulda bought an e8500...lol
hmm. 475 x 8 = 3.8
which is way higher than i will get this 6600 methinks.
although, i could get a pretty decent h2O kit for 200 bucks. maybe i should do that.
hmm. crap.
and i guess this 6600 at 3.2-3.4 is puh-lenty fast ATM.

You could get a replacement Q6600, I mean it'd do better in your games... plus I know how much you love that CPU ;) (you know the whole RMA til you get what you want deal..)

sell it on ebay and grab another one. I have a batch list if you want it so you can go to your local microcenter and maybe have better luck grabbing an older batch. What water kit are you getting for $200. I price mine out but it comes out around $300 atleast.

You mind showing that to me.. I'm going to go shopping with my friend to Microcenter since he wants a Q6600 to replace his Pentium D (honestly I don't blame him...)

Idk why the heck he bought that with a 780i without consulting me...

lets see..
i dont think i have a microcenter anywhere near me. there's one in dallas, but i swore never to step foot there again (got thrown in the pokey there for a few hours).
so, thats out. appreciate the offer, though.
probably what will happen to me is that i will sell this one, buy another from the egg, and get one with a higher VID or that REALLY is a dud lol. just my luck.
this one does ok i guess. right now i have it at 3.2 and it is loaded at 60*C
i guess i was just expecting to get one and POW it would hit 3.6-3.8 immediately. lol, not the case unfortunately.
water kit was the swiftech compact apogee that is 200 on the egg. yes i know custom built is better, but i am a no0b. and i dont want to spend 300 bucks.

or, i could get a q6700. that would only cost me 75 bucks.

Can't you RMA it and say its broken or do they test it, I have had a couple of pals do that before haha

if i RMA it i have to pay a 15% restock fee. i can sell it for at least how much i bought it.
my decision lies now wether to get:
a: a 9450 and hope for 3.6-3.8 with cooler temps
b: an e84/8500 and clock the poo poo out of it
c: a decent water cooling kit and be happy with this 6600 and maybe get 3.6 (im at 3.3 and its closing in on 70*C) with decent h2o, i could manage the temps better...once this air cooler gets close to 70*, it cant handle it and they skyrocket from there
d: sell this space heater and order another 6600 from the egg and hope for a better one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom