im gonna get a 9450

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nagasama

disgruntled ex-moderator
...which is what i should have done to begin with lol. this 6600 has a VID of 1.30 and it's hot nad it doesn't like to run above about 3.4.
i can sell my q6600 for what i paid for it. and i sold my old stuff for about 150. which would mean i would have a little more than enough to buy the 9450 and its 45nm cool-runnin goodness.
my mobo should do the 500+ fsb i would need for high clocks. actually, i know it will :)...

what do ya'll think?

I say go for it.. in this case Q9450 is actually recommended in this case for the reason you have... which is true, you're board is actually capable of 500 FSB+

Lol Sucker City haha :)

I say wait till intel drops the prices for Q3 later this month and get the Q9550 for the price of the Q9450

if you can't wait, then i say yes...get it

thirdshift:
they are not even warm to the touch. right now i have them at stock voltage stress testing 390 x 8.
at 500+ they will get warm, yes. but the cpu cooler i bought has a downward facing fan (odd, i know, but it works rather well) that blows cool air from the side intake directly onto the NB. the SB could use a fan if i overvolt it, im sure.

waffle: i haven't ever been a big one for waiting lol. plus, i may not be able to sell my 6600 for cost (or more) if i wait. EDIT: plus, when the price drops, i will likely still be able to sell the 9450 for what i have in it (or close) and get the 9550 if need be. i think the 9450 is bleeding-edge enough for me. lol. maybe...

any more thoughts?

Those price drops until around July 22nd like last year and he can't afford to be CPU less that long.. unless you use like a Celly e1400 on Newegg for a bit

In all sources I read, Intel didn't tell the exact date of the price drop, they just said the price drop will be on Q3 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom