Connecting a Home Theater System to Sound Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
but think a lil, optical is light, its completely different than digital, honestly i do not know. Maybe it will work, send an email to creative website. the coax is on the i/o drive. Maybe the toslink to miniplug will work. The jack you wana plug it in to is the one completely to the left, the last one, that is the digital out, then you would plug it into the optical input on receiver. Maybe this will work, if creative sell such a cable.

just send them an email. and wait for the reply, there are pretty fast for the support.

"This standard fiber optic cable can connect to an Optical Digital I/O Card 2, optical Live! Drive II, Live! Drive IR, Audigy Platinum Drive, Audigy Platinum eX Drive or Sound Blaster Extigy."

What they are saying is that u can connect it to the OPTICAL on the card, u dont have optical, just digital as from what i know. Maybe im wrong.

I emailed Creative and they said:

"Thanks for this email. Yes, that is the cable required. However, for the length, you may need to contact Customer Service at 1-800-998-1000 to find out more. "

Hopefully that works out.

oh ok good. Hope you enjoy your surround system on pc, i know i am, hehe. Get back to me once u buy the cable, im interested, even tho i already am connected with pure optical cable, hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom