Summer Water Cooling project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the 570 would have better wire management than that. Looks pretty crammed in there and I saw that case in person and its a pretty good size.

Heh, and now you see why i bought a huge case :) I'll probably only end up getting to play with a single air cooled 4870 this weekend. I forgot to order ramsinks for the video card, and microcenter doesnt carry them, so i cant watercool the cards, and i dont feel like halfassing it. Cant even run crossfire cause i have to watercool the northbridge on the new mobo. Meh, oh well, at least i'll have lots of boxes to open and stare at for a week :p

I thought the 570 would have better wire management than that. Looks pretty crammed in there and I saw that case in person and its a pretty good size.

Thats because i suck at wire managment and I just half assed it this time around because i just wanted to have a water cooled rig and party.

Take a look at aspire's rig here.
techPowerUp! :: Case Modding Gallery : 2008 Black Aurora Updates

edit: Also I've got alot of stupid wires hanging across that has nothing to do with the case itself, like the one right across the middle for example, it is for the sound in the front.

****, they look almost fscking identical!!!

Bad, bad, bad, bad, bad...

Now I need to go out and make mine more differents...

rofl, no way man, It just looks like I attempted to make mine look like yours...

which i did ;D

What was the site for those 90 degree barbs again? something something .com :p

I looked, i couldn't find them there...

Petra's Tech Shop

x2 of these should solve my kinking problem right?

And about doing this...should i flip the case so that its on the front bezel, then I un attach the worm clamps and drain some of the water into a bucket. Then hold the two tubes facing up so they don't leak water and then unscrew the barbs in the radiator currently and put these barbs in, cut the tubeing so it fits better, put them on the 90 degree barbs and then tighten up the clamps and then fill the t-line again and let it bleed?

BTW, it is so quiet, my friend just was over and was like "wow dude..... i can barley hear anything, just the low hum of the fans".

:D

If you find them at moddersmart I'll get um, but i looked ! :/

Oh wait these?
Moddersmart - I Mod Smart Do You? - Liquid Cooling :: Fittings & Clamps :: Fittings :: Poly and Nylon: Thread to barb :: 1/4in. BPST (G 1/4") Thread :: 1/2in. OD Barb :: PrimoChill Black Nylon 1/4 BPST (G 1/4) threaded elbow- 1/2

Those are the ones.

Best way to do it would be to undo the tubing from the radiator and let the water drain out of it as best you can.

Keep the tw ends of tubign plugged.

Swap the barbs and make sure you use the ptfe plumbers tape to prevent leaks.

Recconnect the barbs and add water as necessary.

Hey guru, what sinks are you using for the VRMs and RAM on your card, forgot to ask.

I am using some mosfet sinks for the VRMs, and some ramsinks for the vram :) Ordered the mosfet sinks separately and the rest are just leftovers

img3320xc7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom