Buying gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devon8822

Baseband Member
After thinking long and hard about a PC or a MAC, I think i have settled on getting a PC. I don't know enough or have enough time to build my own. So I am looking for recommendations. My budget is $2500. The essentials that I do need... DVD drive, Burner, CD Drive...I DON'T need any hard drives, I have those (can you order comps without them?). I don't need XP (I already have it for it). I don't need speakers or monitor (getting separately) So i don't want to have to pay for another XP or more hard drives that I will not use. I will use this comp for everything but the highest performance thing it will be used for is gaming. Also, I want to have a cool looking case... maybe something fancy... clear...

thanks, any recommendations would be appreciated. I don't even know what companies are out there that i should be looking at?

Heres an idea.. don't waste all $2500 on your build... here are some great parts and you'll still have a good amount of money left...

Q6600
Asus P5E or Maximus Formula (then flash it to x48)
Dual HD 4850's Crossfire
Corsair 750tx (just a bit of extra fire power in case you plan to add stuff later on)
Case of your Preference
Lite-on SATA DVD-RW
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory for your RAM (I had that copied already...)
any DVD-ROM

So you don't need a mouse or keyboard? You didn't mention one before

the thing is, that i don't have enough knowledge to build my own, nor am I as interested in learning as many people here are. I don't need a mouse or keyboard, forgot to mention that^. Just the computer. Anyways, are there any recommendations.

*wink wink* Shoot me a PM or email through my website and I'll talk to you some more.

As far as parts, some sweet cases are NZXT Tempest or Lexa BlackLine:
Surge Velocity - Custom Computers Built for Speed & Power!

Why do you need a DVD drive, Burner, and CD drive? You can get all of those in one drive:
Newegg.com - Pioneer Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 10X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 40X CD-R 32X CD-RW 40X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners

An X48 motherboard is great and well within your budget. Add to that a 4870 with CrossFire support, or maybe even 2 4870's depending on the size of your monitor.
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-X48-DS4 LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
or
Newegg.com - ASUS RAMPAGE FORMULA LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

A Q6600 is a great all around processor that overclocks very well, but also a good recommendation still well within your price range would be a Q9450. It is 45nm so it runs cooler and can overclock higher.

Thank you Surgevel, I will contact you.

I think that maybe a good idea for me would be to build a comp myself, but not order each part individually, I would like to design the comp and than have a company put it together for me and send me it in one piece.

Other than Surge Velocity, are there any other companies that do a similar thing?

Like on some computer company websites you can fill in a form with options and it will give you a price...

iBuyPower, Digital Storm, ... there are TONS. But most would probably require you to purchase a HDD with the OS installed. Plus they usually tend to up the price quite a bit. It's worth a look into, though.

Surge, whats your email?

The forum is screwy for me and I don't know why, but it will not let me on to any pages peoples profiles, PM section, or search section... on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom