Hooking up internal hard drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

r3vo1ution1991

Baseband Member
hey, this is my first post, and ne who....i was wondering how would u hook up a Seagate Momentus 5400 80GB to a HP Pavilion Media Center Edition? The reason i am asking this is because my PS3 doesnt work ne more, and i was trying to figure out a way to connect it to my PC so i could access all my files on the hard drive....plz help me!!!!

Hello,

Can you get a picture of the back of the drive so we can see if it is even compatible to do such a thing.

Also stop by our Introduction area and say hello.

Cheers,
Mak

it is possible to hook it up to you pc using a sata cable and power connector, but i dont think windows can read the fileing system. but i also read that linux has drivers that can read the filing system. but i dont know if this info is true

im not sure if the files can be read but that is what i think an ide hdd (dial up didn't load it very clear. so if you have an ide port and a HDD power cord you can hook it up to the comp.

Hello,

I can't really tell if that is a IDE or SATA connection. Picture is to dark. But the thing is that philbar71 is right. Even if you get it connected Windows wont recognize the File System so you can not even get the data off of there.

Cheers,
Mak

You could remove the data platters inside but that is VERY hard and not exactly safe your data can become messed up if even dust gets on it.... highly NOT recomended if you dont know what your doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom