Summer Water Cooling project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey aspire, is there ANY uv type dye that you would suggest, or should i just stick with distilled water and the biocide from petras?

Any type of UV dye will eventually fade, and will wind up being useless.

If it's something you really want I have heard good things about the ones sold by Feser.

i have used a couple and they have always faded as aspire says and turned to gunk. If you want UV coloring the best I've found is pre-mixed coolant...I've liked Feser One and Alphacool liquids.

Also it WILL all stain your tubing and make it cloudy after a short period of time.

My only experience with any kind of dye was some Swiftech Hydrx additive. Stained my masterkleer after about 2 months and when I finally replaced my only MP-! gpu block there was definately some signs of it in the pins inside.

Ya thats kind of what i figured. I needed 3 dollars to hit the 12 months no interest on newegg so i ordered a set of UV cathodes :p Going to nerd it up a bit. They'll still look good with the neon green DFI board. So distilled water and biocide it is. Although i'm not pleased that EVERYTHING but my reservoirs will be here thursday. So i might have to hit up microcenter and buy a couple T's and fill ports until the res's come in. Grrr.

Meh, i ordered 20 feet of masterkleer. I'm guessing it'll take me at least 3-4 hours to plum the tubing. Huge case gonna get filled up :p

Hey guru, what sinks are you using for the VRMs and RAM on your card, forgot to ask.

Am i bleeding my t-line wrong or is suppoused to take ages? -_- how long does it take you aspire?
Oh, and you know how your barbs on yours point down? well the ones I got point out away from the back of the case. I have a half kink in leaving my radiator -_-.

But You bleed the t-line by pouring stuff in it , and turning on the pump, turning it off, and pouring stuff in it and repeat a bilzon times? I turned the case upside down too so that the t-line was the highest thing in the case.

Helpz plz (aspire get on aim :p)

Good news though, it looks smexy and isn't leaking yet.

Oh and q6600 is offically lapped.... It didnt quite have a mirror shine finish, but it was definatly flat and shiny.

Running the leak test:
DSC02473.jpg

DSC02475.jpg

The only kink in the loop is here
DSC02474.jpg

I plan to fix it with 90 degree barbs.

Also, i know aspire told me to put the wires for the fans on the radiator through the IO panel, but its so pretty i just decided to not mod anything atm and throw it through here for now.

DSC02481.jpg

It creates a crazy criss cross but it is the only way i could get it to work. I can make it look pretty later maybe by using a dremel to cut a square into this so i can fit the wires through.
DSC02482.jpg

I turned the Hard drive around this time, and ya i just needed to snap off those support rail thingys.
DSC02477.jpg

It is a tight tight fit with the accelero on my 8800 gt. lol. It was a pain to uninstall it and then reinstall it.
DSC02478.jpg

You would not belive the **** I went through getting this stuff on....
DSC02479.jpg

*sigh* took me ages. And i thought THAT was gonna be simple as pie :( .

THE BOOT UP!
DSC02483.jpg

DSC02485.jpg

DSC02484.jpg

Idle temps = 30C's with 1.375v and 100% load is 45C's

I think without the kink and letting the compound settle might drive the temps down a bit more. I have a feeling that kink is really killing flow.

And just like ages ago when i threw out my intel stock heat sink (pretended too)
DilonsComputerstuff008.jpg

I did it again with my tuniq(pretend, I'm giving it to a friend)
DSC02480.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom