going to try to oc my cpu for the first time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Golden Master
ok, those who know me, know i have never oced a cpu before (or ram). but i would really like to try it so im gonna need some helpful people (which this forum is abundant with) to walk me threw it step by step. For starters here is some info:

q6600
stock heatsink/and fan
tx-2

(other info on the rig is in my sig)

Info taken from core temp:

Cpuid: 0x6fb
apicid:0
Revision:GO
Frequency:2400.13mhz (266.68 x 9.0)
VID:1.2250v

Idle temps:c1 34, c2 34,c3 31, c4 31
load temps(highest, but I'm going to test again in the morning to be sure):

ok, those were i bit high, i think i might have put them a bit high ( i didn't write them down, i just remembered them)

Playing graw for 15 min i got this

Should i play assassins creed for a bit and tell you the temps then too? Or is there something else i should do?

Nice Vid... I expect good oc'ing ability with that... Around 3.5ish...

Temps are meh... but thats your stock cooler talking...

For now.. stick with around 3.2ghz, anything higher then get your water cooling ( I know you're getting that soon) I think at around 1.300 you'd be fine to get to 3.2ghz

EDIT: you know.. stick with 3.0ghz as I said on MSN messenger

bios load temps
cpu: 31c
mb:33c

Vcore 1.160v

I'm going to up it to 333fsb and stress test now.

EDIT: ok, need a quick answer if possible. I want to up the fsb but i can't go to the option under cpu configuration. It's lighter. How do i change it?

ok, i called the asus hotline (which i went threw people which were very hard to understand) and i had to change the ai thing under the jumperfree configuration (or something like that) i put her up to 333fsb and am stress testing now (started 30mins ago...on laptop now) when i left the cpu was at 51c.

What is the higest temps i should get in gaming that are safe? because at stock clock i got make 50c and 34c idle so i think i'll be around 65c during gaming or as high as 70c, is that ok for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom