dual channel low lateny ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

sithspawn

In Runtime
hey guys jsut a quick question to anyone that knows:

Im trying to decide on my next upgrade, and im thinking about going for the ram. Now, im wondering whether upgrading to 2 512Mb sticks of Corsair XML DDR-3200 Low Latency (in dual channel) is worth it or not? Ive always used cheap generic ram, as its very cheap and has always been reliable to me. Now if i bought these 2 sticks of ram, it would cost quite a bit. Im wondering if it would be worth buying ram this good for about 500-600 dollars, or just stick with the ram ive got (single channel, 512Mb generic) and sink the money into a different upgrade???

Any ideas or experience would be appreciated thanks :)

meh i dont like corsair my self i would go with OCZ it should only cost like no more than 250$ for that it will be kicka** ram or GEIL is a nother good brand should cost about the same

sithspawn said:
hey guys jsut a quick question to anyone that knows:

Im trying to decide on my next upgrade, and im thinking about going for the ram. Now, im wondering whether upgrading to 2 512Mb sticks of Corsair XML DDR-3200 Low Latency (in dual channel) is worth it or not? Ive always used cheap generic ram, as its very cheap and has always been reliable to me. Now if i bought these 2 sticks of ram, it would cost quite a bit. Im wondering if it would be worth buying ram this good for about 500-600 dollars, or just stick with the ram ive got (single channel, 512Mb generic) and sink the money into a different upgrade???

Any ideas or experience would be appreciated thanks :)
500-600 dollars what currency are you talking about? I'll sell mine for 300 cdn and it is worth it cuz it's faster and you push it harder plus life time warranty.

what do you plan on doing? multitasking or gaming?

if you're multitasking or video editing or something like that, then go into memory . . . corsair xms 3200xl ram with 2-2-2-5 timings is about $280 for 1GB in 2 512 sticks

if you're gaming, then a good video card is what matters . . . if you're talking about US$500, then get an nVidia 6800GT or x800 pro . . .

if you want about US$300, then get a 6800 or 9800 pro

yeah. definately from aus.

basically that means you can just multiple what things are worth in america by about 1.5-2 times

and yeah im a gamer, but i already have a good video card (Radeon 9800 Pro). See, the geforece 6800 isnt even out in aus yet and the x800XT is $990 so im not ognna be getting that anytime soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom