a friend in need

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poizen22

Camera junky
well my friend is stuck with an old dell dimension he has a 2.8ghz celeron and only a pci bus no agp or pci-e. so i figured i would give him my asus a8n5x and my old ddr400 ram i have 1.5gb, and finaly my old amd athlon 4000+ and a 400w psu. that should set him up, he has windows from his comp if not he coudl talk to his uncle torrence, he has the hard drive from his dell, and he has his disk drives from his dell, now all he needs is a new gpu, and a new case for about 150/200$ im definatly thinking a cooler master centurion for the case but for his gpu im clueless at that low of a budget, and yes my old mobo is pci-e. preferaby would liek to stay at or under 150$ as 200$ is really stretchign his budget.

NVM those 3650's I was scourging Newegg and found this for 79 bucks after rebate :D

Newegg.com - EVGA 384-P3-N851-AR GeForce 8800 GS 384MB 192-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

and this case
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Mystique RC-632S-KKN1-GP Black Aluminum/ SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Depending on where you live because of taxes he might afford all that. To my house here in CALI with taxes and shipping the total came out to 204, I know that's stretched but it's in CALI somewhere else will probably shave off the 4 bucks.

well ive hookec him up so far a 9600gt bfg for 109.99 and a centurion 590 the new one for 64.80 with hsippign and everything comes to 212.99 but verns deal loosk to be best as itl be hard to beat. il talk to him about it and see what he thinks.

eh said hel probably get it butl itl take him abotu a week or 2 to get the extra 50$ sad i know, i even oferd to lend him the cash to get it now but hes like no im doign to much allready, anyway ul probably still have it right considering its taken you this long to sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom