Please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

bew556

Baseband Member
Alright I just finished receiving all the parts for my new computer. I put it all together and when I hit the power button all the fans start up for about 1 second maybe less and then it shuts off. Any ideas.

Specs:
motherboard: k8v deluxe se
cpu: amd 64 3.2 w/ thermaltake venus 12 cpu cooler
ram: 1gb corsair 3200 400mhz
power supply: 420watt
video: geforce 4 ti 4600

I have a dvd rom, cd-rw, hd, 2 fans, cpu cooler, and front lcd temp display all hooked up to my psu. Any ideas?

make shur all is plugged in correctly, that the ram is insurted well, and that ur gcard is in correctly. make shur all the cords are tight, then try again.

well i can tell you that its not your power supply . . . your wattage is decent . . .

Do you have any BIOS beep codes?

All that you need for a computer to run is:

-Processor
-Motherboard
-one stick of RAM
-Keyboard
-onboard video (if you dont have onboard video on your mobo, use your video card, but it really should)

Disconnect everything that is not listed and hook up your monitor and you should be able to see something. If you do not, you either hooked one of those components up top incorrectly or one of your major component is DOA.

If this does not work, disconnect everything, CPU and all and start over. Make sure that the CPU is properly seated, and also make sure that the RAM is not being installed backwards.

On some motherboards they require specific slots for the RAM to be installed in first (such is the case with my intel mobo).

If you have another computer or any extra computer parts, you can try to swap out their pieces.

Good luck and let us know the progress.

alright i got it working with the fans running to where it doesnt cut off. i removed all the thermal paste from the cpu, is it ok if i run the comp withought it for awhile? or should i go up to a computer store and get some?

I would get some, it doesnt cost much, like 5-10 $ and its really helpfull to reduce heat in the pc.

I am definitely planning on getting some but for now I was just wondering will it hurt to run it withought it for like 10 min here and there why I test my comp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom