Motherboard + Processor Upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I like that board, and once I start reading about it Intel seems to have far more power compared to price.

What's the "motherboard to have" for Intel? I'm not too keen on motherboard and processor types these days.

They all come with it except the OEM versions and Black Box versions... but stock coolers are garbage anyways... they keep it too close to the highest recommended temps... what you have is fine.. but what Maroon has is GREAT in performance far more superior processor...

but since you like AMD, heres whats wrong with what you have still The Phenom 9600 has the erratum bug so get the Phenom 9650 with the TLB Bug Fixed, the stock cooler can't cool for crap anyways so you could just get a 5000+ BE w/ the 780g and get a AF64 like I said before or get an e2200 with EP35-DS3L if you change your mind on Intel ..... Good luck running all this on most likely a low-end PSU

You really don't the money for a quad and it'll probably kill your PSU because its too weak.. so just get a bargain Dual-Core settle with that for a bit and then upgrade to a Quad another time

I guess I could do that, although I'd want a board that could upgrade. I'm not quite sure what to get anymore, I looked all last night and my ideas slowly fell apart.

i would like to note that most antec cases come with an earthwatts psu of 380 watts i think it was... and that is fine enough to power a rig with something such as an 8800gt in it

moral of the story

look at antec cases... and check the pictures to look at the psu... if its an earthwatts... ur in business, they are incredibly efficient.. have high amps for a single rail.. and get the job done on a low and middle end pc

I know I kinda bargain bin dived to get this together, but I really think this setup can work. The ram and processor come together giving me over 75 dollars off - and I'm really trying to get the quad core.

Is this a quality purchase? Am I going to run into problems with this? Overall I think I'm happy with my choice, but you guys are the experts.

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR A770 A2+ AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
Newegg.com - Rosewill Stallion Series Dual Ball Bearing Fan RD500-2-DB ATX V2.2 500W Power Supply 115V/230V CSA, UL, TUV, FCC - Power Supplies
Newegg.com - AMD Phenom 9600 Agena 2.3GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 2MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 95W Quad-Core Processor - CPUs / Processors
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

(Processor and Ram are combo'd for like 170)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom