lack of soundblaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

calsonic

Baseband Member
hi there,
just installed a new Creative Labs SB SB0570LPVP (PCI) on my Sapphire Tech PC-A9RD580Adv running windows XP x64, after experiencing problems with my on board sound (no sound would come out through speakers but if i put my headphones directly into the output jack it would work fine)
now i have updated all drivers and still get no sound at all even w/ headphones directly into the jack. XP picks the card up just fine.

any suggestions?

have you disabled the on bored sound? i used to have the non lowprofile version of that card and just recently it started getting really hot and then it crapped out on me. i loved that card.

ya i disabled the on board,
is it possible that my system wont support the 24 bit sound card? i am not very familiar with sound cards at all.

btw i do hear some static.

thats just the bit rate the of the audio coming from the sound card. also what are your system specs?
duh! i didnt see that the model is allready posted

Hello,

Are you sure that the sound drivers you have are for XP X64?

Cheers,
Mak

AMD 64 X2 3800+ @ 2.14GHz, 3GB Adata pc 3200, Win xp 64 bit, ASUS Ati Radeon x1650 Pro 512 MB

i also herd static when my sound card died. but this was a faint hard to hear static. but is the card hot? if it's warm then thats fine

Hello,

Are you sure that the sound drivers you have are for XP X64?

Cheers,
Mak

yes it is

i also herd static when my sound card died. but this was a faint hard to hear static. but is the card hot? if it's warm then thats fine

i wasn't thinking the card was gonna die, i was just saying that there is some audio coming through.

ok well i switched to the other pci slot on the mobo and now all is well.
only thing is i get some substantial interference, constant hissing and
clicking/popping when i open new windows or click on links.

just a shot...but maybe you have to tell your soundcard or OS to output the sound to a specific port and device...just going by what I have to do :D...on vista

well then you may have a bad sound card. you should return it and/or get a new one. or you could test it in another computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom