Does this look good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hello49

Solid State Member
I've been holding off on buying and I think now is a good time to buy right? I've put together a build by looking at suggestions around this site. It doesn't have to be insanely good, but I do want to get the most out of my money. If I can upgrade something for a little bit more money then I'm fine with putting in the extra, but I would like to keep it around $1200. Thanks.

Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg

Ok heres my recommendations..

Get a Corsair 650tx from Buy.com (its cheaper and better)

Get a reference speed 8800gt 512mb when you can overclock it yourself for free..

Most Crucial Ballistix Tracer have gone Single-Sided so that limits oc'ing ability quite a lot

You forgot some TX-2 Thermal Paste

don't get a x38 board if you're going with nvidia, get a p35/p45 board instead, cheaper.

a 610w pc power and cooling silencer psu is a good choice if you don't mind MIR's.

well it appears that they are starting to phase otu double sided tracers, so go with these.
Newegg.com - OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

tx-2 is a must.

Newegg.com - MSI NX8800GT 512M OC GeForce 8800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
175, 150 after MIR and a game you can easily sell for 35-40 if you don't want to play it.

Newegg.com - ECS N8800GT-512MX+ GeForce 8800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
or this one, 145 even, no MIR and a sick cooler on it that will keep it super cool.

get the OEM q6600, save a couple bucks.

Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives
cheaper drive, a bit less room, but same speed (ish)

I thought Puddle Jumper said they have gone single-sided?

Didn't think of the X38 idea.. haha

Good 2-3 years, well except the video cards, those usually last like 6 months.. haha

This will be able to run the new games out right now on high settings or what? And how would I upgrade it in the future? SLI, new cards, motherboard, how does that work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom