List Your Preference of Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
acer's look gross, suck to take apart, have bad warrenty's, crash a lot, and are bad in my experiences.

and to every one who hates on apples, maximumpc did a review of the apple laptops, and one of the only thigns they had a problem wiht (on the macbook pro) was that the screen didn't fold down enough.. and i'm being completely serious about that. lol.

Looks are subjective...

As far as warranties and taking them apart. I've never had any problems with a few acers that I've had, therefore never had the need to take mine apart.
Just out of curiosity, what was your experience with acer to give their warranty system a bad taste in your mouth? I've only had to send back a monitor and it was replaced fairly quickly after 1 year... no questions asked. They paid shipping too. It was sent back to Acer directly, not a 3rd party.

As for crashing a lot, I just haven't had similar experiences. I'm not going to say that the Aspire I own is the best laptop ever.. or the best laptop company ever, but certainly... for today... they are on the top of my list for the product and experiences that I have had. For consistency sake, most likely HP.

As for the Macbook Air... I would never "hate" on Apple. I simply just don't justify the price tag that they have on their Air (with no accessories) especially given that a better performing, but heavier, XPS would be $300 cheaper. I COMPLETELY see that they have their use in a particular persons hands. If you wanted to get a strong notebook for remote access and surfing the net @ starbucks, then the Air might be your best bet. Personally, an an IT professional, I just need more than what the Air has to offer for the price. I've used one for about 15 minutes this past weekend. I gave it an open mind. I just wasn't into it. I almost felt like 1 hit in the wrong direction... or too much heat would be the death of it.

oh i agree that the air is a bit silly, but it does look super nice :) and i've used a bunch of acer's with work and they all have crashed badly..

1:corsair (not ram)
2:Evga
3:Seagate
4:Intel (don't like there way of business)
5:Crucial

Hate/dislike

hitachi
buffalo
maxtor
apple
dell

Hello,

Quad does have a point. This is in the Laptop area. It should have only been on laptop preferences. Not on brands in general. That should have been placed in a different part of the forum.

Moved to Other HW area.

Cheers,
Mak

1. EVGA
2. SeaGate
3. Intel
4. G.Skill
5. HP/Compaq

Dislike:
1. Apple (wouldn't dislike them so much, if not for their constant M$ bashing/arrogant fanboys)
2. Old Maxtor (now they're owned by SeaGate, so they should be a bit better now)
3. Some Dell stuff

Dislikes in general about any prebuilt PC/Laptop:
* poorly designed power supplies with low quality components
* poorly designed cases with illogical positions of things
* manufacturers that skimp out on RAM (come on, DDR2 is so CHEAP nowadays. There's really no excuse not to have at least 2GB)
* advertisements that are vague, lack important details, and/or are deceptive (such as listing amount of graphics memory, but not the GPU)

In terms of preferences of laptop brands, I don't really have any. I just use a list of criteria they have to meet.

Asus isn't bad at making Laptops.. best laptops I've seen... MSI too.. Cyberpower is meh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom