Inquiry regarding apathy toward specific companies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ATI HD4870 suffering from premature deaths

Apokalipse,

I know that you want me to hide some negative facts about AMD/ATI from people just because you like to see more people buying AMD products. This is the Tech news section, and I have the right to post any news related to technology whether you like it or not.

Anyway, your post is off-topic, and it is not your concern if I dislike or like ATI.

I know that you dislike Intel, but I never asked you "why you dislike Intel" even when you post negative news about Intel
http://www.techist.com/forums/f78/yorkfield-harpertown-delayed-because-bug-164111/?highlight=bug

So, don't come to ruin my thread with your pointless and off-topic posts. You can PM me but don't try to drift my thread from its main topic. The thread is not about "why maroon1 dislike ATI"

i think its a perfectly honest question to ask.. you're a blantent fanboy of Intel and you post a lot of anti ATI threads/news (which is perfectly fine because it isn't always in a malicious manner) and I don't think its ever been clear to us why you dislike ATI so much.

also at least you can buy 2 4870's, have them die, RMA them, pay shipping, get them back and still have paid less than the price of 1 gtx280

i think its a perfectly honest question to ask

I wouldn't have problem if other person other tahn Apokalipse ask me the same question, but I don't like to see someone who dislike Intel and big fan of AMD asking me why I dislike ATI. But thats doesn't mean that I will tell you the reasons.

fair enough... why then do you so heavily favor intel over amd?

I know that you want me to hide some negative facts about AMD/ATI from people
Nope, I just take issue with the fact that you consistently point out negative things about AMD/ATI not because you think people should know them, but because you want AMD/ATI to look bad. Then you ignore negative facts about Intel or Nvidia.

Anyway, your post is off-topic, and it is not your concern if I dislike or like ATI.
You consistently make it people's concern that you don't like ATI.

I know that you dislike Intel, but I never asked you "why you dislike Intel" even when you post negative news about Intel
http://www.techist.com/forums/f78/yorkfield-harpertown-delayed-because-bug-164111/?highlight=bug
Since you brought that up, the reason I actually posted that, is because of you, maroon1. I posted it to counter your attacks on AMD/ATI, and to shed light on the fact that Intel is not the saint you'd like people to believe.

So, don't come to ruin my thread with your pointless and off-topic posts.
translation: stop pointing out the fact that this thread is my way of attacking ATI

I wouldn't have problem if other person other from Apokalipse ask me the same question, but I don't like to see someone who dislike Intel and big fan of AMD asking me why I dislike ATI
Even though I've made it perfectly clear many times why I don't like Intel, AND even though this thread has got nothing to do with Intel?
It's got everything to do with ATI, and you are trying to put them in a bad light against Nvidia, which is a company I also do like and do buy from.

Now, given the fact that you are dodging my question, it appears to me like you don't really have a good reason as to why you don't like ATI. If that's not the case, I don't see why it's a problem for you to answer the question, even if Osama Bin Laden were asking it.

Since you brought that up, the reason I actually posted that, is because of you, maroon1. I posted it to counter your attacks on AMD/ATI, and to shed light on the fact that Intel is not the saint you'd like people to believe.

The reason why I post these kinds of threads because of you, because you have exaggerated the performance of phenom too much in almost every thread before it was out. You claimed that phenom was going to be much faster than Intel core 2, and you were very sure about that. Another reason is that I want to shed light on the fact that AMD is much worse than what you want people to believe.

Even though I've made it perfectly clear many times why I don't like Intel

I don't like AMD, and I like Intel but I will not tell you the reasons. Do you have problem with that ? If so I can't help you.

Now, given the fact that you are dodging my question, it appears to me like you don't really have a good reason as to why you don't like ATI. If that's not the case, I don't see why it's a problem for you to answer the question, even if Osama Bin Laden were asking it.

Read the above

translation: stop pointing out the fact that this thread is my way of attacking ATI

If your definition of "attacking AMD/ATI" is telling facts about how bad AMD/ATI or posting news that show how bad ATI or AMD is, then yes I'm attacking ATI based on that definition. And I will keep "attacking" AMD/ATI if this is your definition of attacking AMD or ATI

Nope, I just take issue with the fact that you consistently point out negative things about AMD/ATI not because you think people should know them, but because you want AMD/ATI to look bad.

Wow, it seems that you can read other people's mind....

Maybe you are right.

But at the end people will know them. And there is noting wrong if people know them

Then you ignore negative facts about Intel or Nvidia.

So, what ? If you want to tell people negative facts about Intel or Nvidia then do it by yourself

I never saw you posting a negative fact about AMD

The reason why I post these kinds of threads because of you, because you have exaggerated the performance of phenom too much in almost every thread before it was out. You claimed that phenom was going to be much faster
I wasn't stating I was sure it'd be be much faster. I was stating that I thought it'd be faster.
than Intel core 2, and you were very sure about that.
and you were very sure about that.
Take note here.
I was doing so not to attack Intel. I saw a product that I thought was going to be good (and it is good, even if it's not as good as I thought it would be), and I told people about it.
I only started to attack Intel in response to you trying to tear down Phenom like it was your mission in life.
Another reason is that I want to shed light on the fact that AMD is worse than what you want people to believe.
That's really an understatement. You wanted to shed light on every single negative fact about AMD to make them look like a completely **** company, while ignoring the negative facts about Intel.
I don't like AMD, and I like Intel but I will not tell you the reasons.
Why not?
Do you have problem with that ? If so I can't help you.
Yes you can. You just won't.
If you believe that telling facts about how bad ATI or posting news that show how bad ATI or AMD is
that's begging the question.
then yes I'm attacking ATI based on that definition.
Not really the definition I was using.
My definition is: attacking AMD/ATI not to inform people about issues that are genuinely newsworthy, but to specifically make them look bad while completely ignoring negative issues about the opposing companies.
And I will keep "attacking" AMD/ATI if this is your definition of attacking AMD or ATI
So you're saying you won't attack AMD/ATI if it isn't my definition?
well, goody. Because it isn't.
It's too bad that that's unlikely to translate into real life.
Wow, it seems that you can read other people's mind....
I don't need to be a mind reader when every post you make about AMD/ATI is bad and every post you make about Nvidia/Intel is good. It's plain obvious you have a personal bias against AMD and ATI.
Which I wouldn't really care so much about if you weren't so agressive with that stance on these forums.
But at the end people will know them.
So you don't need to shove them in others faces, then....
And there is noting wrong if people know them
unless there is a specifically crafted bias against a company attached to all of them
So, what ?
So, it's annoying and places unfair bias where it so often isn't really due.
If you want to tell people about negative facts about Intel or Nvidia then do it by yourself
Or, you could just learn to be more objective.
I never saw you posting a negative fact about AMD
well sure, but I have reasons:
1. You would beat me to it every time anyway.
2. I'm a fan of AMD, which is largely due to my dislike of Intel as a business, who I think are a monopolistic bully.

I split the off topic posts into its own thread so as to not derail the other thread.

I wasn't stating I was sure it'd be be much faster. I was stating that I thought it'd be faster.

You haven't said "I'm sure" directly, but many people who read your post would think what you are saying is an absolute fact. You try to make phenom better than they are based completely on your own biased logic with no evidence most of the time. Not all people are smart enough to know the technical stuff you talk about is not always true. Many people were deceived by you, some bought AMD motherboard waiting for AMD phenom, because they were deceived by you.

Remember the journalist from the "The Inquirer" who claimed that he have scored 30,000 in 3dmark with phenom 3.0GHz. At same time he claimed that he lost his laptop that have the results ! Yet you were trying to make this news as absolute fact even though he couldn't show us the real results, and even thought this news was coming from a source that have history of posting unreliable information.

What about this ?
http://www.techist.com/forums/1282412-post20.html

You claimed (note: you claimed that before the B3 stepping were out) that phenom with DDR 1066MHz outperforms C2Q without showing any evidence, and you haven't said that "I think". So, many people who read you post would think what you are saying is absolute fact.

Yet almost every review that I saw that benchmarked phenom with DDR 1066MHz were showing completely different results.

That's really an understatement.

O really ?

And this is an overstatement

and to shed light on the fact that Intel is not the saint you'd like people to believe.

My definition is: attacking AMD/ATI not to inform people about issues that are genuinely newsworthy, but to specifically make them look bad while completely ignoring negative issues about the opposing companies.

So, what ?

I already said in another thread that I only post only bad new for AMD, and only good news for Intel/nvidia (some people do the opposite, you as an example).

However, if the other company (such as ATI) have better product I will not deny that but I will not promote them

Also, unlike you I rarely make an assumption about how good Intel or how bad AMD products. I usually to show evidence and reviews that support what I say.

I was doing so not to attack Intel. I saw a product that I thought was going to be good (and it is good, even if it's not as good as I thought it would be)

Saying that AMD phenom is going to be faster than Intel Core 2 without any real evidence is an attack on Intel, at least thats how I see it.

Yet if I say that Intel is better than AMD, you would accuse me of putting AMD down even If I show you many proofs

I only started to attack Intel in response to you trying to tear down Phenom like it was your mission in life.

I only started to attack AMD in response to you trying to make phenom look better than Intel and making AMD products look better than they are, like it was your mission in life.

1. You would beat me to it every time anyway.

Not really, I do see a lot of reviews and news almost everyday that shows AMD phenom being worse than C2Q but I don't post them here.

Or, you could just learn to be more objective.

By hating Intel, and making AMD products look better than they are just like you ?

unless there is

If there is non, then why my posts are bothering you so much

Yes you can. You just won't.

The result is the same

when every post you make about AMD/ATI is bad and every post you make about Nvidia/Intel is good.

As if you have posts that show Intel is good and AMD is bad

Anyway, this refute your claims
http://www.techist.com/forums/1192282-post1.html

http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/45nm-core-2-quad-launch-delayed-due-erratum-161049/

So you don't need to shove them in others faces, then....

I'm not forcing you nor anyone to visit my threads or to read my posts. If you don't like my threads then why you visit my thread ? If you don't like my posts then why you can't just ignore them ?

My posts annoys you yet you like to read almost every post I make.

Anyway, you are wasting your time for noting. I will not change what I'm doing just because you are telling me to do so. You can ignore my posts, thats the only thing can do if you don't like my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom